Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Bernard Hopkins or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Red K for lying. Never did I score Rigo/Donaire a draw.
    Yes you did, it got merged in a cleanup later perhaps, but it was right after the fight. It was titled something like, "Donaire deserved at least a draw" and it essentially boiled down to you not scoring rounds for Rigo because he wouldn't stand in the middle of the ring and let Donaire hit him. I'm 98% sure it was you, I can't be the only one who remembers the thread. Maybe I'm lying though and you really scored it for Donaire

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      I don't know what you are talking about here. Floyd wants to be TBE, so when GGG calls him out, he needs to fight him. He already missed the Sergio boat, Miguel dug Floyd out of that one. Don't concentrate on Pac. Pac already beat Bradley the no3 p4p in the world at that point based on his win over Pac. So Pac is hardly taking it easy is he? So Floyd needs to think what can I do to better that.

No, you see, Floyd cant take his foot off the pedal. Because Floyd wants to be TBE. But as we all know he isn't. He took his pedal off the gas with his breaks a while back so he needs to grind his foot down now, he is on the home stretch.
      Nobody with half a brain cell really believes that TBE nonsense. You might have one or two crazed fanboys on here who do, but that's about it. I can guarantee Floyd himself doesn't buy it. It's called marketing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Then why did he finish above them in the Ring magazine vote?
        Because you probably own that magazine or have a major financial chunk in it.

REAL rankings have been full of corruption for ever, money talks there. As if subjective ratings like lb for lb are not even more influenced by a bag of cash!

Your boy Floyd just got his ****in head punched in 2ce, so how can he be the lb for lb?

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          you do realise that you holding floyd to a much higher standard means you consider him that much better right?

Going by this logic, floyd is already considered the best of this era with his current legacy, so he can afford "to take his foot off the gas pedal".
          hugh grant is insane smh.... Who is pac man fighting again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            Because you probably own that magazine or have a major financial chunk in it.

REAL rankings have been full of corruption for ever, money talks there. As if subjective ratings like lb for lb are not even more influenced by a bag of cash!

Your boy Floyd just got his ****in head punched in 2ce, so how can he be the lb for lb?
            You can't provide a serious, coherent answer. SO IYO its because the voters were paid off.
            well this is typical of the responses of certain type of posters-paid off, black power Israelites, etc.

Its a shame that this is the type of response posters give rather than an actually trying to give an answer based on an objective comparison of their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
              I think Bernard Hopkins had a greater career than Floyd Mayweather.

He fought the best, while Floyd avoided many of the better boxers in and around his division.

Floyd avoided Williams, Margarito, prime Mosley, Morales, prime De La Hoya, Casamayor, Tszyu, Forrest and of course Pacquiao.

I remember Hopkins once offered to fight a heavyweight Oleg Maskaev when Oleg had the WBC title.
              At quick glace, Mayweather might look greater because of his undefeated record. If they actually study both fighters, they will see why Floyd was undefeated and be less impressed with his record.

Comment

• saw the names and stopped at remembered, floyd wont be

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  I think Bernard Hopkins had a greater career than Floyd Mayweather.

He fought the best, while Floyd avoided many of the better boxers in and around his division.

Floyd avoided Williams, Margarito, prime Mosley, Morales, prime De La Hoya, Casamayor, Tszyu, Forrest and of course Pacquiao.

I remember Hopkins once offered to fight a heavyweight Oleg Maskaev when Oleg had the WBC title.
                  Is this the same Bernard Hopkins that you referring to in this post:

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  Would Bernard Hopkins have had a successful career without illegal tactics?

Bernard Hopkins is the master of illegal ring tactics.

But with HONEST referees, if he had to fight WITHIN THE RULES, would he have had much success as a boxer?

Could he have made it on boxing skills and athleticism, like prime Roy Jones Jr?

Comment

• Both are once in a generation fighters and i am happy and blessed to have witness these ATG'S

Comment

• FMJ will be remembered as the greater fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X