The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Here is what I think is going to happen:

Cotto gives Canelo a very good, close fight through 5-6 rounds. Fight would be close at the point, 4-2 Canelo, maybe 3-3. But in the 7th round+, Canelo's superior handspeed, power, and brutal combinations will start getting to Cotto. Cotto will start to box more and use his legs for the next 3-4 rounds, losing them all, while Canelo keeps on coming with those vicious body shots and head combos. 11-12th round, Cotto will need a KO to win, or score a couple of KD's each round; Which by then it will be evident that his punches don't connect as well as Canelo's, and the one's that he manages to land don't hurt Canelo as much, but they are respectable and eye-catching to the fans.

Verdict: Canelo will win 8-4 in the eyes of most fans. Scores will look something like 117-111, 116-112 2x for Canelo. Cotto loses handily and is asked by Kellermen if he thinks it's time to retire. Cotto says he'll speak to his family and make a decision, but that he's strongly considering retiring.

Canelo calls out Pacquiao (If Pac beats Algieri). If not, he says he'd fight anybody, and that GGG can get it. Fans burst to cheers at the mere mention of Golovkin's name as an opponent by Canelo.

The End.
    My story is almost the same but without the kellerman interview, cotto storms out of the arena like the biatch he is and claims he won the fight like he did when trout whooped his as s

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
      canelo wins by tko, cotto hasnt beaten a prime,healthy, in shape fighter in a long long time. look at his last 10 fights and you will see how overrated he is. unless they are b level,over the hill, and crippled then you can bet on cotto. losses to manny,floyd,and trout prove one part,beating crippled bad knee martinez,b level rodriguez,2011 mayorga,battered margacheato(thanks manny),and a b level crippled foreman proves the rest
      I bet you were one of the idiots saying cotto had no chance vs Martinez too lol

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
        My story is almost the same but without the kellerman interview, cotto storms out of the arena like the biatch he is and claims he won the fight like he did when trout whooped his as s
        Actually Cotto never said that... he said it was a bad night for him and his team and that's all he said about it. It was a classless move I agree, but he never said some bull**** that you are claiming.

Comment

Biggest fight out there right now other than Floyd/Pac.

Canelo doesn't have nothing that Cotto hasn't seen before. Either guy can go down on an exchange but I don't see Canelo as this monster puncher but more like a combination puncher if you cooperate with hm ans stand still.

I have to slightly favor Cotto, Canelo slow legs might doom him in this match up

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
            this thread starting out just like the Cotto/Maravilla thread, you know

Cotto don't last past the 4th
            Cotto retires after this one
            Maravilla too big and strong for Cotto
            Cotto takes a knee

nobody said anything about Sergio's knee

after Cotto destroyed Maravilla the knee talking began and how Maravilla is old and worn out

Cotto is gonna put some color in Canelo's face and shock the boxing world again!

I wonder what the excuses will be then
            look at the poll, this is a 50-50 fight , expect posters to pick a side and root for it... there is no victim on this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
              You dam well know there is good argument for Canelo being the A-side. But, I ultimately would agree Cotto is the A-side......lol
              What could possibly be the argument for that!?

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
                The 2million+ ppvs he sold against floyd.

Funny thing is one would expect Canelo to sell close to a million ppvs after that, but obviously its not the case.

Canelo was groomed for that fight, built up as the latest boogeyman Floyd was afraid of and people bought into the hype for that single match. Naturally, García vs Matthysse on the undercard didn't hurt either.

Clearly, Cotto is the more consistent attraction of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
                  The 2million+ ppvs he sold against floyd.

Funny thing is one would expect Canelo to sell close to a million ppvs after that, but obviously its not the case.

Canelo was groomed for that fight, built up as the latest boogeyman Floyd was afraid of and people bought into the hype for that single match. Naturally, García vs Matthysse on the undercard didn't hurt either.

Clearly, Cotto is the more consistent attraction of the two.
                  To be fair, Cotto-Martinez did worse(i think) than Canelo-Lara. Cotto had the bigger network(HBO) the bigger star(Martinez), was fighting for a title, and was further away from another PPV.

I have to believe Canelo is the bigger star here

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
                    according to forbes there is 4 boxers(floyd,pac,wlad,canelo) among the 100 highest paid athletes in 2014, canelo is one of them, but not cotto... canelo brings the numbers $$$....
                    Last edited by icha; 11-05-2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Competitive fight. I'm a fan of both fighters but I think that Cotto will win the decision.
                      Canelo like always, is gonna be tired after eight rounds. The better footwork and cold mind from Cotto will help him to take the victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X