Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say that HBO has an incentive to talk Saul up. As a younger fighter there is more monetary power behind him. Also remember that in some insane way he was able to secure a draw from one of the judges in The Mayweather fight.

I'm sure Cotto is sitting at home feeling like he won the fight. He probably feels like he executed his game plan controlling space and utilizing lateral movement. But when the other fighter is coming in as the favorite you have to do something drastic to shake peoples expectations from their prejudice. Cotto just didn't do that.

As for Freddy saying that he felt they were ahead on points in the later rounds, that's hard to believe considering Cotto dove into a fire fight in the final round. Watching the later rounds you can clearly see the urgency in Cotto's fight.

The fight was good for boxing in just about every conceivable way. The young precocious and marketable star adds depth to boxing's fan base. The fight itself had strategy, fireworks and skill.......and oh ya CLASS AND SPORTSMANSHIP. My biggest let down is that Cotto was not able to win one or two of the final rounds. It would have made the fight much more close and provided substance to his argument for a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
      Yeah my idol, the puerto rican ebay watch peddler lol.

You're not funny nor worthy of my time/responses.

Canelo>>>>>Cotto. The end.

-Your owner who keeps your corny ass in check

Denial is futile. I am your idol. If you had just HALF of my wit/humor you might be funny. You lack the symmetry to keep me in check. You would only come off as an ugly jealous bastard who is too slow to grasp when he is out-matched. You derive a false sense of being on my level because I enjoy slapping you around on this forum but you and I both know, I am elite with this shyt and you are a bronze medal hopeful. Take it like the grunt human-mule that you are. You are built for the abuse. Serve your master...

~God

Comment

• Well Said!

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          I think it was just you

Classic passing of the guard fight

Two highly-skilled warriors

Only 1 hug in the entire fight...1 hug and they broke themselves up

About 1200 punches thrown between them

Each round was close with one or two punches swinging the rounds

And they didn't shy away. 8th and 12th they both traded some nasty leather

This is high level boxing at its finest
          Idk i watched with my brothers who are casuals said this fight was boring, even thought they throught 1200 they oblyy landed like 300 between two of them and most of cottos were pitty pat punches

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            HAHA get real you old miserable fck. Cotto got schooled bad last night. BAD. Where was this master boxer cotto at? Got outboxed by stone feet canelo **** is priceless And yeah he was doing a lot of what Floyd does in there
            AHAHAHAHA!!

Not the Floyd thing again.

Perspective you little peasant. Canelo, like your boy Sanchez, used the mexican blueprint by fighting the smaller Cotto.

It worked for Segura too, who fought the smaller 36 year old Calderon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
              AHAHAHAHA!!

Perspective you little peasant. Canelo, like your boy Sanchez, used the mexican blueprint by fighting the smaller Cotto.

What about Gomez who fought the smaller Zarate or the smaller Pintor? I'm sure you had no problem with that you fckng filthy peasant

Yupp Cotto looked like an amateur in there, truly pathetic performance by Cotto

Comment

• Lol at people comparing canelo to floyd

Comment

I think it was just you

Well Said!

It really was high level boxing. I think if Cotto was a little sharper, or tweaked his game plan a little more the fight could have been even better. I don't think its a good idea to let Canelo fight GGG. Allowing his pretty boy face to get scarred up won't do anything positive for his marketing power. I really fell these two or a good match for one another.People will call me crazy for saying this, but now that Cotto won't fear his punches as much I think another fight would be even better.

Comment

I think it was just you

Agreed. 7-5 for Canelo and that speaks volume about Cotto, he's a beast, going leather for leather with a young prime hard hitting fast boxer who weighed a stone heavier than him.

Classic war. One for the ages. I'm sticking it on again now!

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                      AHAHAHAHA!!

You're an absolute mug. How salty are you that your boy got whooped.

Comment

Working...
                      X