No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio's Promoter Disgusted With His Golovkin Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Breaking News: Rubio signs to fight Miguel Cotto in MSG!!!

Big Rigg and stans will be like......"This is a good fight for Cotto!" "Rubio has beaten some decent guys" "You guys are haters, this is a good fight!" "I'm so going to be there at MSG!"
    Lmaooooo... And that's true with Cotto maniacs.

Comment

I'm with the promoter. Who would want to work to get Rubio anymore opportunities?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        So, anyone who's not in ring cannot question anything that happens? It was evident that he stayed down and took the easy way out. It happens in boxing, and when it does, promoters frequently drop the fighter.

I remember when Lou DiBella dropped Tor Hammer for his quit job on Twitter last year. It was perfectly appropriate
        Of course anybody can question what happens in the ring, but this is not questioning, this is flat out saying that Rubio is both a liar and a quitter. Nobody can say that for sure unless they took the punches themselves.
        Even worse, this came from a member of Rubio's own team, who should have shown both personal and professional loyalty and kept his thoughts to himself or expressed them in private, not via a public statement.
        And I know fighters sometimes take the easy way out, but it seems a little weird that a guy should go down pretending to be stunned, then get up and say that he hadn't been stunned at all. That doesn't make sense to me.
        Tor Hamer was different. He quit on his stool while in full control of his thoughts and actions, so there was no doubt about what happened there.
        Last edited by kafkod; 11-03-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Wow what a absolute POS of a human being. Did this son of a gun really just say: He was knocked out in two rounds by a punch that wasn't enough to do that?

Who the hell does this dude think he is? Lets see him step into the ring and take a punch like the one that hit Rubio on the top of the head

He got punched and KO'd clean by a shot right to the top of the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            So the promoter can end the contract after one bad night, but the fighter can't get the promoter out of his life except to sit on the shelf, or sign extentions. The statements and actions of this promoter are slanderous and meant as character assasination. This is an attempt to seperate themselves from a self inflicted shame (Rubio was a sure victim) and shift the blame on to the sacraficial lamb. They are cutting into Rubio's next paydays and his ability to earn for his family. These promoters are the shame, Rubio took his lumps.
            This is a great post. I appreciate many comments from this poster, Corelone, because he is most of the times right. Rubio received several hard shoots before the final punch (accumulation). For many of us, it looked as he was not really hurt but in reality it could have been that he needed to wait 8.5 seconds to stand up because he was still "processing" what happened in his brain (after watching three times he does look a bit confused). GGG is a really though puncher. My criticism to Rubio would be more about the way he prepare for this fight if he indeed had a weak camp being this the reason he exceeded the weight. It would be harder to excuse if his training indeed was done poorly.
            Last edited by cabalas; 11-03-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

The promoter's comments and actions, berating and then dropping Rubio from his stable of fighters, were pretty harsh and probably an anger-fueled overreaction but I would think that it wasn't just Rubio's performance that solidified this decision. Had Rubio taken the high road and admitted that he was legitimately beaten by the better boxer, he may still have a promoter. The fact that he didn't make much of an effort to get up after the knockdown, only to say post-fight that he wasn't hurt, Golovkin doesn't punch that hard and he could've easily continued, paints a picture of a dishonest and dishonorable fighter who's comments contradict his actions in the ring. I can't say I completely agree with Rubio's ex-promoter's comments or actions. There was probably no need to berate Rubio in public with an embarrassing tirade but when you go down in the ring without making a legitimate effort to get up and continue, maybe you should have a little respect and admit that you didn't want any more of your opponent's punches and thus made a decision not to continue. Rubio was in control of whether the fight continued beyond the knockdown that he was counted out for. Making excuses after the fact makes it sound like you had no choice in the fight when in actuality, your comments directly contradict your actions in the ring. If Rubio could've easily continued like he says he could have, he should have made an effort to get off the canvas before the count of 9.

Comment

easy to bash Rubio when they are not the ones who got hit on the top of the head by a power puncher if anything Rubio looked confuse for a few seconds when he was geting back up meh it is what it is

Comment

Working...
                X