This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
    Once again: If he's good enough to beat guys Floyd fights twice then he's good enough to fight Floyd.

There is no logical way to flip this around. It's a logical fact.

khans deteriorated a good deal since the maidana fight. maidana has also gotten a bit better, it seems.

Comment

I think he has the talent to beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        why is he overrated?? he's never been ranked in the p4p top 10, hasn't had a major fight for a while and gets hated on almost all the time by internet fans...so wtf is goin on?

Khan is an exceptional talent with some very good wins and in the future some potential great wins. that's that

you really think khan has a bright future?

i think he's another knockout away from retirement, and the first real puncher with a pulse that he fights is going to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          why is he overrated?? he's never been ranked in the p4p top 10, hasn't had a major fight for a while and gets hated on almost all the time by internet fans...so wtf is goin on?

Khan is an exceptional talent with some very good wins and in the future some potential great wins. that's that
          Hardly anyone rates him in the UK, ask most British boxing fans who wins between Khan and Brook and most would go with Brook, no one rates him in America like you said, his résumé below 147 is quite good, he is willing to fight anyone (Except when he avoid Alexander due to Team Mayweather), he has shown tonnes of heart, he is willing to fight in his opponents backyard as he did against Lamont Pederson who was on drugs. He talks the same shet that all boxers talk but he gets hated for that same shet. Mostly by Maidana fans I might add.

Comment

If anything he is vastly underrated.

Comment

I would actually give that nod to Robert Guerrero. Khan has some decent wins, Ghost is a flat out bum who talked his way to a Floyd payday.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                Once again: If he's good enough to beat guys Floyd fights twice then he's good enough to fight Floyd.

There is no logical way to flip this around. It's a logical fact.
                that guy also went life and death against julio diaz, there's nothing that julio diaz can do that floyd can't do ten times better

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  that guy also went life and death against julio diaz, there's nothing that julio diaz can do that floyd can't do ten times better

Maidana LOST To Khan, Lost to Alexander,Lost to Khan's leftover in Kotelnik, went life and death with Shot and Old Morales, still fought Mayweather 2x.

If Maidana can still get Floyd (2x) then anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    This guy has to be the most talked about, hyped up, overrated guy in recent memory. His best win is against Marcos Maidana for Christ sake. Beat a shot MAB, Paulie, and Zab. That's it...where are all these great wins his fans seem to think he has?
                    He got knocked out vs Garcia and Prescott and went life and death with Peterson. He's just not that good and it's fairly obvious to anyone without a rooting interest in him.
                    A win over another so so fighter in Alexander(with no pop) should not put this guy anywhere near a Floyd fight. Fight Thurman,Porter,Brook,etc....get knocked out once again...
                    What kind of ****** BS is this? And they say Khan fans are delusional.

Khan has wins over:

Kotelnik (one of the most underrated fighters of the last 10 years)

Paulie (prime version)

Judah (who beat the oh so great Matthysse less than a year before so don't pull the "shot" card)

Maidana (many like to pretend these days that it never happened but it did)

Four quality wins and two title belts. And he has some decent "filler" type wins, too (McCloskey, Collazo, St. Claire).

Was Khan somewhat overrated when he was a unified champ at 140? Yes, arguably. Is he the "most overrated fighter of the last 10 years"? Heck no. Again, what kind of nonsense is this? I can list a bunch of fighters that were insanely hyped and didn't accomplish half as much as Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      The point I'm making isn't that Khan is better than Floyd (I don't like Khan).

I'm just responding to the guys saying there's no way he's even in the running for a Floyd fight... When Maidana got that fight twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X