Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point did you realise Mayweather was a top 10 ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
    Man......i see things haven't changed much in nsb.....
    smh.
    Anyway, i realized he was atg (not top 10) probably the night he beat marquez as well. #2P4p was toyed with that night. People try to discredit it,but forget the fact the man was retired for almost 2 yrs and had a rib injury. I thought at the time if you wanna come back and be #1 p4p then you should beat the top p4p fighters in or around your weight class. He did that. I wont post the reasons in here, but i truly believe that if floyd never fought jmm first the pac fight would have happened.
    But then he fought mosley right after p4p#3. I would think most of us would agree that you should claim number 1 by going after those at the top.
    he didn't do that. pac was #1.

Comment

• When Floyd fought Baldomir and the fans were chanting "Floyd, Floyd" .... ooops, I just remembered. They were booing because Floyd was running around the ring and there was relatively little action!

Comment

• OP, you forgot to add two 00's in your thread title.

Comment

• It is very comical that anyone would think floyd is top 10 atg and even pac is not even top ten atg really shows who are the pac and may groupies in this topic

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
            Man......i see things haven't changed much in nsb.....
            smh.
            Anyway, i realized he was atg (not top 10) probably the night he beat marquez as well. #2P4p was toyed with that night. People try to discredit it,but forget the fact the man was retired for almost 2 yrs and had a rib injury. I thought at the time if you wanna come back and be #1 p4p then you should beat the top p4p fighters in or around your weight class. He did that.
            i always see this stupid excuse about tbe taking a long time off. and he's supposed to be at a disadvantage. as if it is fans' fault that he pulled fake retirements. he was young and he was sobbing when he announced retirement. he obviously didn't mean to retire. but competition was getting tough and he got scared. that was his main reason for his retirement. not because he went through a major surgery or something. and now we're supposed to give him a pass for it. he came back when everyone is out of their primes. what a joke.

Comment

• Exactly......

Good post. Floyd is overrated and so is his defense. If he had been fighting A Level guys the last 5-6 years, he would have at least 2 legit losses. I know why he's undefeated. He'll show his true colors once again his next fight by choosing another "tailor made" opponent. He doesn't like to challenge himself in the ring. Maidana lost both fights but he embarrassed Floyd, man. In the rematch, he knocked his tooth clean out of his mouth. Smh. Manny would rearrange MM's face, BAD. Truth is, we don't know how great Floyd really is. There are still questions he hasn't answered. Hell, he won't even fight the other best fighter of his era.

Comment

• When he beat Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

• Come on man, he's not a top fifty let alone top ten! Your dreaming or you've never seen ATG boxer!

This guy just fought his last 4 bouts against guys who refused to engage him after the 5th round. Maidana who is a willing fellow but has limited skills had Mayweather reeling a few times. Now I realize that Floyd is an older fighter now but he's never fought anyone in their prime and the secondary opponents he does match up with all go the distance! ATG fighters get rid of those guys!

Very good boxer, limited power and has great eye/hand coordination.
                  Against the great welters would be beaten inside 10!
                  Try studying form and technique so your knowledge can come up with your enthusiasm.
                  If every fan on this forum was correct about their favorite boxer there would be no less than 10 ATG boxing right now!!!!!!
                  Ray.

Comment

• Never

Most skilled boxer of our time but top atg nah
                    Too many cats who really fought anyone who called their name

Comment

• I don't really see much problem in JMM moving up weight divisions to fight Floyd, people say he dragged him up, but realistically it was JMM who wanted the fight, Floyd's two previous fights before that were at 154, and 147, so what really is the issue of JMM having to move up? . . . If he wanted the fight so much then it's his choice to move up and fight that fighter. . . Cheating him on the scales was a dumb move though.

Don't see anyone discrediting SRL's avenge win to Duran because he knew Duran would have weight problems making the re-match. Tactics like this have been going on in boxing for decades, but they're often blown up when Floyd does it.

I'd consider him ATG (top 10/15 maybe), I mean his resume could be better, and he hasn't handled his career as well as he could have, but for 47 fights how many rounds has he actually lost in his career? Not that many. . . And he's never been on his back officially.

However, TBE he is not. (I think that accolade personally belongs to SRR)
                      Last edited by MPX309; 11-08-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X