Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a non american be the mega face of boxing?? (AKA GGG)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a non american be the mega face of boxing?? (AKA GGG)

Once May and Pac are gone (can't wait for that to happen) who do we really have left to carry on the sport?? enter GGG....dude seems to have the package except one thing....he is not from the US and A....and his English (although hilarious good boy) is poor at best...I think Manny almost did it but not quite...but if he keeps demolishing even the top kats in the sport...he will be the guy....

what does that mean for the future of boxing??

Wachugot?

Manny did it. No reason GGG won't be able to do the same. His English is getting better, that's really the only obstacle I see in his way

Comment

Yes, Canelo.

Comment

IMHO, he is already the face of boxing. The media is comparing him to Tyson and titling him as the most feared/avoided fighter in the sport, Mayweather Sr talking about him, look at all the threads about GGG on the forum...

He is the biggest phenom in the sport right now. Plus, he is being backed by the biggest and best market of fans... my fellow Mexicans.

The fact that Ward, Cotto, Canelo and Mayweather are avoiding him should say enough.

Comment

pac did become a mega star boxer in america. i remember over 50,000 people came to see him fight in dallas texas a couple of times (against clottey and margarito).

ggg can definitely do it, but he needs to improve his english if he's going to promote himself properly on places like ESPN.

Comment

boxing doesnt have a face.

Comment

Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
              Once May and Pac are gone (can't wait for that to happen) who do we really have left to carry on the sport?? enter GGG....dude seems to have the package except one thing....he is not from the US and A....and his English (although hilarious good boy) is poor at best...I think Manny almost did it but not quite...but if he keeps demolishing even the top kats in the sport...he will be the guy....

what does that mean for the future of boxing??

Wachugot?
              Of course he can, he is already popular in the US. The language thing is not an argument.

Comment

I dont care if fighters are from Mars. If they perform at high level then im all in

Comment

pacquiao was the biggest draw in the states for a long time. he's not american by any stretch. wasn't born here, doesn't live here year round, is a congressman in the Philippines.

i don't think golovkin will be that kind of draw, but that doesn't mean it's becaseu he's not american.

he doesn't have a built in superstar like oscar de la hoya at 160 lbs. he's also not as good as pacquiao.

pacquiao was a f#cking phenom. people forget the kind of speed and power he had at WW, in spite of only being a natural 135-140 lber.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                    Yes, Canelo.
                    Nello can certainly reach JCC status....but I dunno bout global face ala DLH??

Comment

Working...
                    X