Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Stands Firm, Sparring Partners Better Than Algieri

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell everyone how crap an opponent is for a fight nobody wanted to see. Way to go Freddie.

Comment

So basically Roach is saying that Manny's next fight is a joke (cherry picking a 140 Lbs guy with only 20 fights and low number of KOs who probably would lose to Postol). So the fight shouldn't even count as an official defense but after Manny's victory there is going to be great celebration (specially in Philippines) forgetting the terrible truth (which hurts) that Pacquiao is another cherry picker.

Comment

This seems like a lame fight, plus pacquio has been a little boring. Hopefully golovkin can be the main attraction for boxing, someone who actually goes for the ko.

Comment

I bet Postol is lighting Manny's ass up in sparring. I agree with Freddie though, Algieri will be a piece of cake after day in day out with these guys.

Comment

Biggest storyline of this fight:

"Beat Algieri then we'll talk"

Comment

I'd like to hear Bob Arum's thoughts after Freddy Roach says this yet again. Way to not try to sell the fight though.

Comment

Probably not a comment you should make but its pretty much true.
                Glad to hear Postols giving Manny some work in sparring hes a very good technician.

Comment

Postol looked very good vs. Aydin, but Aydin is not Provodnikov. The problem with this fight is that if Manny wanted a Jr. WW, it should've been Danny Garcia. That's what Freddie asked for, and of course Arum said "nope," just like when Dan Rafael asked Arum if Manny could fight Floyd, once he got the continuance, "nope, absolutely not." So no matter what Manny wants, or Freddie wants, Arum is Manny's master, and it's sad (just like this bull**** fight)!

Comment

Excellent sparring partners for sure -- hell I'm even hesitant to call them "sparring partners". Maybe Mike Jones after getting his soul grim reaper'd by Bailey, but Postol is a legitimate contender.

But yeah, wtf Freddie. You're supposed to try and sell the fight, dude. I mean I know he loves being the guy who doesn't bull**** anybody and pull any punches, but this thing called boxing is still a business ya know.

Comment

Postol is no joke. I would love to see that footage

Comment

Working...
                      X