Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux: Shame on HBO, Bob Arum, corrupt media and all who fell for it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    I read the full article and I see nothing but excuses for Rigondeaux's poor ratings and "facts in regards to the hidden agenda" against Guillermo. Truth of the matter is Caribe Promotions are the main problem at this moment in regards to his career, an issue neither HBO nor Bob have any control over. In fact no one does other than the fighter himself, yet he was steered away from millions of dollars by Caribe while he sat there and smiled as he repeatedly gets bent over by a company who has provided nothing for him. If his stupidity or gullibility is not clear to you by now, i don't know what to tell you.

Now tell me, will Nicholas Walters be blackballed too by HBO and Bob Arum since they beat their wannabe star in Nonito? Or will embrace this black brother whom speaks spanish and comes from an island as well? Both have an outstandingly high KO ratio, both beat the same man in an impressive fashion but with different execution.. or does this agenda not work against Jamaicans and is strictly limited to Cuban fighters because of a government they have absolutely 0 control over?
    While I do agree his relationship with Caribe is hindering his progress, you are being a bit naive by thinking your explanation is tell all. It's more complicated and deceptive than you think. There is a HUGE grey area here. It's not black and white like you are painting it.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      While I do agree his relationship with Caribe is hindering his progress, you are being a bit naive by thinking your explanation is tell all. It's more complicated and deceptive than you think. There is a HUGE grey area here. It's not black and white like you are painting it.

Then elaborate for fans such as myself that drink the "kool aid" daily and gobble all the bull**** the media dishes out. Enlighten me and my naive ways, I don't want to live in a world of deception and black and white any longer, I want to see beyond the grey area.

Comment

Well, Caribe is pretty detrimental... I mean... wtf do they even do?

They also interfered in deals with Roc Nation and I think Warren now because nobody wants to work with them because they literally do nothing.

i don't know what kind of deal he has with them, but he needs to drop them

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

They also interfered in deals with Roc Nation and I think Warren now because nobody wants to work with them because they literally do nothing.

i don't know what kind of deal he has with them, but he needs to drop them
          I agree 100%

Comment

Then elaborate for fans such as myself that drink the "kool aid" daily and gobble all the bull**** the media dishes out. Enlighten me and my naive ways, I don't want to live in a world of deception and black and white any longer, I want to see beyond the grey area.
            For starters.... who was headlining the HBO card last night and how many people tuned into the USS fight on NBC Sports Network?

Comment

You are getting a bit defensive. I can't explain anything to you hence my grey area explanation. We should demand the best fight the best as opposed to justifying the wrong and being content with MEDIOCRITY. Did I elaborate enough?

Comment

Rigo is going to further burn bridges. For as smart as he is inside the ring, he's the opposite outside the ring. Don't ruin your career bro.

Comment

You are getting a bit defensive. I can't explain anything to you hence my grey area explanation. We should demand the best fight the best as opposed to justifying the wrong and being content with MEDIOCRITY. Did I elaborate enough?

I constantly want the best fights to be made. In fact, I dislike LSC atm for the simple fact that he rejects the idea of facing any sort of challenge or threat. The problem here is regardless of what I ***** and moan about, Guillermo's promotional company won't do **** about it. They will most likely not be able to land him a good fight with purse bids of 300k when their fighter is asking for 500k min. himself, and they won't let their fighter leave onto greener pastures, whether it's a grey area or not let's not turn our cheek the other way and act like Rigo and his decision making isn't equivalent to that of a 5th grader in special ed class.

Mikey is a "ducker" but he didn't feel comfortable with Bob Arum and has been been tangling with TR in a legal battle. Sure he is shelved and is collecting ring rust but if he wins he will achieve the freedom he longs for.. on the other hand Guillermo is just sitting around thanking his Promotional Company for winning a purse bid where they were the only ones whom showed up to bid, then to top it all off the fight fell through. If anything and there is something shady behind the scenes with Caribe perhaps Rigo should look into taking them to court, he's collecting rust anyway and sitting around waiting for a handout that will most likely never come with the little to no leverage he currently holds is a massive waste.

All I'm saying is Guillermo is a great fighter that seems content with wasting away his talent. Sad to see it happen. Even though it's not completely his fault, he is a man and does have some involvement in it. He may be a victim to many things, but his ignorance outside of the ring does not help him break away from the shackles he so willingly allowed to be placed on his career.

Comment

I constantly want the best fights to be made. In fact, I dislike LSC atm for the simple fact that he rejects the idea of facing any sort of challenge or threat. The problem here is regardless of what I ***** and moan about, Guillermo's promotional company won't do **** about it. They will most likely not be able to land him a good fight with purse bids of 300k when their fighter is asking for 500k min. himself, and they won't let their fighter leave onto greener pastures, whether it's a grey area or not let's not turn our cheek the other way and act like Rigo and his decision making isn't equivalent to that of a 5th grader in special ed class.

Mikey is a "ducker" but he didn't feel comfortable with Bob Arum and has been been tangling with TR in a legal battle. Sure he is shelved and is collecting ring rust but if he wins he will achieve the freedom he longs for.. on the other hand Guillermo is just sitting around thanking his Promotional Company for winning a purse bid where they were the only ones whom showed up to bid, then to top it all off the fight fell through. If anything and there is something shady behind the scenes with Caribe perhaps Rigo should look into taking them to court, he's collecting rust anyway and sitting around waiting for a handout that will most likely never come with the little to no leverage he currently holds is a massive waste.

All I'm saying is Guillermo is a great fighter that seems content with wasting away his talent. Sad to see it happen. Even though it's not completely his fault, he is a man and does have some involvement in it. He may be a victim to many things, but his ignorance outside of the ring does not help him break away from the shackles he so willingly allowed to be placed on his career.
                    He's never been in a situation where he is financially independent and his own shot caller. He probably believes anything Caribe tells him because they buy him jewelry and book him appearances for Calle de Ocho.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      They let you know when it's time to rumble - http://www.caribepromotions.com

Comment

Working...
                      X