Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux: Shame on HBO, Bob Arum, corrupt media and all who fell for it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    Why isn't Rigo getting good fights? He's lineal champ at 122.

Whey aren't the other champs in that division wanting to fight him? No one is enforcing the sport's ethics is the problem. We are ok with mediocrity. Fans such as yourself gobble it up.
    Im not ok with it i think other champs should fight i never defended LSC or Frampton i think they are straight up ducking him but he is not fighting at all his last fight was beggining of these year or end of last year

Comment

So where is Showtime in all this? Why aren't they offering anything to Rigo?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
        So where is Showtime in all this? Why aren't they offering anything to Rigo?
        I think haymon offered but his Promoter rejected it thats why i think he should leave them

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Trust me when I tell you...IT IS A CUBAN THING! Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers who just so happen to be CUBAN as well gets the exact same treatment, it is nothing but criticism about his "STYLE" and the way he plays Baseball from the Baseball media as well. That is not a Coincidence that is all POLITICS! Because of US Issues with Cuba I posted awhile ago that it is going to be extremely HARD for Cuban Fighters to become stars here in the US
          Makes sense. How dare athletes from a communist system with little fan base thrive in good ol' US of A? Sucks but true. What makes it even sadder is boxing media oppressing them and putting the blame on "entertainment". Yet these same double standard pundits proceed to explain how this sport has integrity! Very laughable.
          Good example is Steve Kim and Montoya! Listen to those two... I used to watch all they're Next Rounds vlogs on Maxboxing but the crap they spew vs Cuban fighters is no coincidence.

Comment

Rigo is no longer with Arum and HBO, so what's all these silly blame games all about now? Aren't you even wondering why Showtime is not so excited to embrace this guy?

Comment

Rigo is no longer with Arum and HBO, so what's all these silly blame games all about now? Aren't you even wondering why Showtime is not so excited to embrace this guy?
              Thats what im saying he cant even get anyone to fight because of caribe

Comment

No shit. Did you read the article. You've always been fickle as fuck.
                Which part, the one where he's super marketable because he raps in spanish on youtube or because he was brought on stage by daddy yankee? These have translated so well into viewers and attendance at his fights, the things that actually matter and measure marketability

Hmmmm how about the part where he has the lowest rating in HBO history in what was apparently the only time in history that HBO and Sho had fights the same night. Im sure if SHO didnt have a card, he would have 1 mil +. And 90% of fans in the arena wouldnt have left. Sure thing papa

Comment

You are insinuating Rigo's price tag is too high and the networks don't want him. Ok. I guess as fans of the business and politics in boxing we should never want to see Rigo again! lol.

Comment

It's obvious that Rigondeaux not only took Nonito's heart but also dismantled an HBO favorite, which was confirmed by Walters.

Comment

Why isn't Rigo getting good fights? He's lineal champ at 122.

Whey aren't the other champs in that division wanting to fight him? No one is enforcing the sport's ethics is the problem. We are ok with mediocrity. Fans such as yourself gobble it up.
                      Sports ethics? You're way over-thinking it. He's a guy that demands a lot of money, doesnt produce good ratings or attendance and is a huge risk for his opponent.

I agree it is rather unfair that top guys wont fight him, but he isnt "blacklisted", he is avoided because people are scared to lose to a guy and give him a ton of money

Comment

Working...
                      X