Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Honest: Walters Beat The **** Out of Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much respect to Donaire. He was honest, we should all respect that.

Comment

that fight was very one sided...he was being honest

Comment

I read (because I've never seen him fight) that Walters had the power to get a KO, but I didn't know he had the skills to dominate Nonito. Walters' jab was better, his uppercut was better, and he hit harder. If Walters had gone to the body more, he might have stopped it earlier. Props to Nonito for taking the fight, and making it a fight too!

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
          I thought it was a embarrassing post interview for him, okay you said he beat the **** out of you but you dont have to say it like 5 times lol you a representive for your family have some pride.
          Yeah, once was enough. It was true though. Walters just got stronger and stronger, whereas Donaire weakened from the knockdown onwards. Donaire took one last chance to swing for the fences and Walters finished it.

He could still get another good win at 126, he had his moments. But whether he really wants to or not is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by sargo View Post
            Donaire got KO'd but he still looked sharp and still can give fans plenty of exciting fights. Walters is just a beast.

This! Walters was just the better man but Donaire looked good. he should consider to move down again though.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
              he needs to learn how to use a jab.All he ever does is throw his left hook.doesn't even set it up.

he's not going to learn a lot of new tricks.

the guy is in his 5th weight class at the world level. that's the biggest issue he ran into last night.

he fought a ddue who was a jr WW in the ring. 138 lbs, iirc? that's f#cking huge, compared to the dudes he foguht at 112, 115, 118, even 122.

when you're talking about how you "got the sh#t kicked out of you" in the post fight interview, it's time to retire.

Comment

nonito is a hall of famer. he was the hardest puncher at 118 lbs that i've ever seen. he is not what he used to be. he's not getting younger, and his opponents won't get smaller.

if he's got enough dough, and is comfortable with leaving boxing, he should retire.

Comment

this fight makes you appreciate what pacquiao did.

walters was big?
                  pacquiao beat the hell out of freaking antonio margarito, one of the biggest welterweights we've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                    I thought it was a embarrassing post interview for him, okay you said he beat the **** out of you but you dont have to say it like 5 times lol you a representive for your family have some pride.
                    That's what i was saying earlier in the thread, I felt embarrassed for Nonito when he kept saying that, it was cringeworthy to hear a great fighter talk like that.

Comment

I'd still wouldn't mind seeing Donaire/Mares.

Comment

Working...
                      X