No announcement yet.

Joshua-Bakhtov, Lee Selby & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Stiverne is not really a one punch KO artist? Joshua has better technique than Wilder, he doesn't just swing the right hand, he works on his flaws which wilder really hasn't done - and therefore he'll be exposed when he steps up. Joshua picks his shots better, works off the jab and doesn't just go for a meaningless KO.

I think it's funny when some people say he hasn't got "real" power. I couldn't disagree more. He left Matt Legg with facial nerve damage for 3 months after 80 seconds in the ring. He busted Butlins face open with one shot - he needed 30 stitches.

The guy has power. Real power. But he has something else too, which is what will make him a champion in the end.
    Stiverne definitely has one punch power in both hands. I personally feel he might be the biggest puncher in boxing today. Wilder commits more but Stiverne has frightening power when he sits down on his punches. I've seen him lift guys off their feet on multiple occasions from bodyshots too. He doesn't have to hit you clean either as shown against Arreola, that big lummox whatever his name is, forget now.

He definitely has power don't get me wrong, the guys like 6ft6 & 240 of course he has power. I feel he'd be a better puncher if he wasn't so mad on bodybuilding he seems a bit stiff to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Tyson often dropped guys with one punch.

Joshua doesn't seem to drop fighters with one punch even, he usually stops guys on there feet.
      To be fair, as a Brit, he's not allowed a chance to knock someone out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it could be tested and it came out he hit as hard as Tyson. He's a big ol' lump at 6ft6, just under 17st and he's really quick for a man his size.

We'll have to see how he does against better opposition but I could this bad feeling that when he lets his hands go, he'll eat a big counter and sleep.

Comment

Tyson often dropped guys with one punch.

Joshua doesn't seem to drop fighters with one punch even, he usually stops guys on there feet.
        Butlin, Legg, Leo, Avila were all dropped with one punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Butlin, Legg, Leo, Avila were all dropped with one punch.
          Some flog those guys dropped from the assault I'm sure? Not a single shot?

I know Legg went over, that was obvious going in.

Dunno, going off the top of my head in honestly but I've yet to see a real devastating KO from him yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Stiverne definitely has one punch power in both hands. I personally feel he might be the biggest puncher in boxing today. Wilder commits more but Stiverne has frightening power when he sits down on his punches. I've seen him lift guys off their feet on multiple occasions from bodyshots too. He doesn't have to hit you clean either as shown against Arreola, that big lummox whatever his name is, forget now.

He definitely has power don't get me wrong, the guys like 6ft6 & 240 of course he has power. I feel he'd be a better puncher if he wasn't so mad on bodybuilding he seems a bit stiff to me.
            Really?

I haven't really seen that, but in all honesty didn't really ever follow his career much. So you have a better understanding of him than me. But I would say I find it hard to imagine him being a harder puncher than Wlad for example.

He's obviously been big on bodybuilding before, but I don't think he still is. He's not stiff to me, but he could be more fluent if he wasn't as big - if you know what I mean.

I think Wilder is more stiff for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              To be fair, as a Brit, he's not allowed a chance to knock someone out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it could be tested and it came out he hit as hard as Tyson. He's a big ol' lump at 6ft6, just under 17st and he's really quick for a man his size.

We'll have to see how he does against better opposition but I could this bad feeling that when he lets his hands go, he'll eat a big counter and sleep.
              I don't think so.

I agree he can definitely crack and not many will stand up to it if he can hit you consistently.

I agree aswell on the last part, I can just see that happening. In all honestly I am not that impressed with him so far. Hard to gauge yet really.

Comment

Some flog those guys dropped from the assault I'm sure? Not a single shot?

I know Legg went over, that was obvious going in.

Dunno, going off the top of my head in honestly but I've yet to see a real devastating KO from him yet.
                No from memory I think all of those guys were dropped hard by one punch.

But as someone else said, it's hard to get a clean knockout in Britain these days. He should fight in America so he can showcase his skills in front of another crowd and an international ref that'll let him hammer someone.

Comment

• Joshua took out Matt Legg with one punch, the right uppercut. He also took out Paul Butlin pretty easily, it was the single right hand that did the damage. Butlin was split open.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    this tomato can was taking hard shots over and over and was barely hurt when the ref jumped in to "save" him. they are building this guy up into a monster and he's going to think he has actual power but then when he faces someone good he's going to crumble mentally when he realizes he punches as hard as tim bradley
                    I'm not that high on Joshua but Bahktov was taking a bad beating which was only going to get worse.

Joshua and Wilder are similar in that they have much to prove but I suspect the former has a better chin.

Comment

Working...
                    X