Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos piss poor stamina will go out first Canelo or Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno.. Probably Cotto since he's likely going to expend a lot more energy keeping Canelo off him. Canelo is a big solid kid and I'm not sure Canelo has a huge stamina issue lately. He's seemed fine (at leas vs Lara he kept coming all night). We'll see. It should be a brutal fight with vicious body work on both sides. If Canelo fights agressive I'm not sure how long Cotto's stamina will hold for or his face vs a bigger, younger and stronger fighter . I'd go with youth in this one in terms of stamina.

We'll see how their talent matches up vs each other though

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      Fortunately for Cotto, Canelo's stamina is no better.
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        Fortunately for Cotto, Canelo's stamina is no better.
        He just recently spent 12 rounds chasing Lara around the ring and didn't gas. He'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          I dunno.. Probably Cotto since he's likely going to expend a lot more energy keeping Canelo off him. Canelo is a big solid kid and I'm not sure Canelo has a huge stamina issue lately. He's seemed fine (at leas vs Lara he kept coming all night). We'll see. It should be a brutal fight with vicious body work on both sides. If Canelo fights agressive I'm not sure how long Cotto's stamina will hold for or his face vs a bigger, younger and stronger fighter . I'd go with youth in this one in terms of stamina.

We'll see how their talent matches up vs each other though

The problem is that Canelo is not a pressure fighter nor does he fight aggressive for a sustained period of time. Only time I've seen that in recent years is against a way smaller foe (Lopez) and against a shot Angulo. I just don't think Canelo has anything for Cotto who is the better fighter and the better boxer, he should win comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            The problem is that Canelo is not a pressure fighter nor does he fight aggressive for a sustained period of time. Only time I've seen that in recent years is against a way smaller foe (Lopez) and against a shot Angulo. I just don't think Canelo has anything for Cotto who is the better fighter and the better boxer, he should win comfortably.
            Can't disagree on most. Canelo fights in spots and that's seemed to be a fault of his.

I think Cotto has had the opportunity to show his talent more than Canelo so it remains to be seen if Cotto is better (I believe he's shown that he is but Canelo is also more skilled than given credit for). The thing about Cotto is that he doesn't have the greatest of chins and has cowered vs a determined fighter. Cotto can be out manned, and that's going to be the interesting part of the fight or at least the selling point. We'll see if Canelo imposes himself in the latter part of the fight.

I'm curious though... Will Roach want Cotto to seek and destroy or box smart...clinch up close and use his legs. Canelo is an interesting match up because neither really SEEMS like a bad option but you could envision things going south.

I think Canelo will surprise us with his ability to match Cotto's jab and body work and Cotto will remind us of his boxing ability and underrated speed.

Comment

Working...
            X