Collapse
No announcement yet.

whos piss poor stamina will go out first Canelo or Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree - I don't think Cotto has poor stamina. Over the course of a hard fight, he tends to slow due to the brutal fights he's been in. The pace that Manny and Margs fights in, would slow anyone down.

If I ever saw Cotto seemingly out of shape was the Trout fight. He just looked lethargic

As for Canelo - I think his stamina problems are the result of experience, not knowing how to properly train and stuff for the long grind

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      I agree - I don't think Cotto has poor stamina. Over the course of a hard fight, he tends to slow due to the brutal fights he's been in. The pace that Manny and Margs fights in, would slow anyone down.

If I ever saw Cotto seemingly out of shape was the Trout fight. He just looked lethargic

As for Canelo - I think his stamina problems are the result of experience, not knowing how to properly train and stuff for the long grind
      Exactly how I see it

Comment

They non verbally agree to slow the pace down, of course to amp it up next round, with each other during the fight I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Never said he had elite stamina,,, where did I say that?

YOU STARTED A THREAD THAT SAID HE HAD "PISS POOR STAMINA"
          That is not the case,, quit changing my words around and own up to the ones you typed.. It's obvious that cotto's stamina isn't piss poor
          Neither guy is elite in that department but their stamina is good enough were it won't affect the fight. Their stamina issues are vastly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            Neither guy is elite in that department but their stamina is good enough were it won't affect the fight. Their stamina issues are vastly exaggerated.
            Exactly,, I think this fight comes down to if canelo can get past cotto's boxing skills and impose his will with youth, size, and power.. If canelo can deal with cotto's jab and body shots is the real question of this fight, not who will gas first..

Comment

I voted Cotto will tier first because Canelo is younger and bigger. I don't think either man has stamina that is that bad. I don't remember Canelo's lack of stamina causing him to lose most of the late rounds in any particular fight. He usually finishes strong enough to win the 12th round. Canelo lost to Mayweather and had close fights with Lara and Trout. The other 40 plus fights Canelo had have all been one sided Canelo victories with Canelo dominating from start to finish and usually winning by KO. Both Canelo and Cotto have thrown over 700 punches in some fights so I think their stamina, while not their strong suit is better than piss poor.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

Cotto was in shape for the Trout fight. I was at The Garden and he looked good physically. But the stamina was still an issue. And I think he did his training at Big Bear for that fight. I think Big Bear only makes things worse and not better. I don't think it's effective.

Comment

I think Canelo will win by KO before stamina becomes a problem for either man. Canelo's better chin, superior punching power, size, strength and fast accurate combinations will win this fight for him within 7 rounds in my opinion.

Comment

you guys are smoking that crack
                    he faded in Margs 1
                    he faded in the Floyd fight
                    faded in the Austin Trout fight
                    and HERE IS THE CHERRY ON TOP HE FADED IN HIS 2ND FIGTH WITH ONE EYE Margs and Margs didn't even hit him as much as he did in the first fight.
                    iam going to bump this thread up as soon as he piss poor stamina starts to fail him in his fight with Canelo. Cotto better get a ko early

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                      you guys are smoking that crack
                      he faded in Margs 1
                      he faded in the Floyd fight
                      faded in the Austin Trout fight
                      and HERE IS THE CHERRY ON TOP HE FADED IN HIS 2ND FIGTH WITH ONE EYE Margs and Margs didn't even hit him as much as he did in the first fight.
                      iam going to bump this thread up as soon as he piss poor stamina starts to fail him in his fight with Canelo. Cotto better get a ko early
                      Fortunately for Cotto, Canelo's stamina is no better.

Comment

Working...
                      X