Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar should tread lightly because things aren't looking good for him in the long run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beerbelly14 View Post
    Oscar better tread lightly as far as moving his main guys back over to HBO just because he's friends with Bob now.

First it's BHOP and now it's Canelo.

But he needs to understand that throwing Showtime in the dust like that won't work. Especially not in the long run when 80% of Golden Boy's stable is signed to Al Haymon, who will eventually move his guys over to Mayweather Promotions once Schaefer gets on hand. And where does Oscar think those guys will fight? Yup you guessed it, right on Showtime. Does he really think Golden Boy will be as vibrant as it currently is with no fighters of note other than Canelo?

Karma is a b, and Oscar will know this soon enough for betraying Stephen Espinoza and Showtime.
    You butthurt bro?

Comment

Isn't Richard Shaefer in a contractual bind with GBP, thus automatically putting him out of the picture in any of the current conversations until around 2017? Floyd is in a difficult predicament from what I see.

Canelo moved to HBO and is seeking to retake the dates Floyd has claimed for the past few years. According to Floyd he will no longer be working with GBP, seeing as his stable is very limited, that may not be the brightest idea. Thus, going head to head with an HBO driven Canelo vs Cotto fight with anyone not name Pacquiao isn't the smartest tactic for Floyd or Shotime, especially if the undercard would be limited to TMT fighters .

Unless Floyd vs Pacquiao gets done next year I don't see how this was a bad move by Oscar. With Floyd's demands for the Pacquiao fight... well, the fight is pretty much out the window to say the least.

Now add on the fact that Espinoza said regardless of this "foulplay" he will continue to do business with GoldenBoy... lmao know why? Yup, you guessed it, they have no one else to work with. Haymon's fight cards aren't looking too great and some of the bigger named fighters he manages have contractual obligations to GBP, regardless of who their manager is.

Honestly, how is this a bad move? lol. Stephen and Haymon are forced to keep feeding Oscar's pockets, Floyd has no answer to Canelo's plans other than a farfetched showdown with Pacquiao(due to his own demands), and Shaefer is bound to his contract until 3 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
        much ado about nothing. why people treat oscar as if he's this huge noob who knows nothing about the business side of boxing is beyond me. man this is the guy who tried to steal pacman from arum. meaning, he could play dirty if he wants to. he founded gbp long before schaefer existed. if youtube existed back then, you'd see millions of videos relating to his experiences as a promoter. he certainly did some mistakes, which most do/did.

he's no newbie. don't even know why he recruited a guy like schaefer who have very limited diplomatic skills.

Some people pretend to be stupid or just naturally stupid. They don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by beerbelly14 View Post
          Looks like a lot of disgruntled Oscar fanboys getting their panties up in a bunch because I'm exposing the truth.
          Boxing is phasing Mayweather out. And will be a better place for it, things are I'm the up and up bud, no reason to be sad.

I mean think about it, HBO made Floyd and flowemowes like you yet you (flowemowes) turned your back on HBO? E Tu Brute?
          Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 09-23-2014, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Another butt hurt thread started by a network fan. ;-) Or Espinoza/Haymon fanatic. Hehe... I'll never know why some fans get butt hurt just because Canelo decided to move to HBO. It's so childish.

Comment

Oscar makes a huge power move and still works with both networks, Harmon's stable is way overloaded and only has showtime as a major outlet. Yet somehow oscar needs to tread lightly? Here's what's going to happen, haymon fighters will become disgruntled because they don't have enough tv dates and won't be getting paid. ultimately they will be forced to leave.

Comment

Stupid ass logic. If they are going to leave him regardless (Haymon seems to be running out the contracts) then why does he have to wait until hes completely screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Oscar makes a huge power move and still works with both networks, Harmon's stable is way overloaded and only has showtime as a major outlet. Yet somehow oscar needs to tread lightly? Here's what's going to happen, haymon fighters will become disgruntled because they don't have enough tv dates and won't be getting paid. ultimately they will be forced to leave.
                  With over 100 fighters under him and Shotime not reeling in significant numbers outside of Floyd, I wonder how often those fighters will get to see a fight date. Overpaying his fighters for glorified sparring matches such as LSC vs Roman and Salka vs Garcia will bite him in the ass. Sooner than later other fighters will ask for similar amounts or a date to fight.. and dealing with a stable of 100 plus hungry fighters asking for the piece of the pie doesn't seem like fun.

Comment

Networks and Promotions think it is all about them...IT IS STRICTLY ABOUT THE FIGHTERS, fans want to see the BEST MATCH UPS regardless of the network or which promotion is promoting it

It is just too much of a DIVIDE in Boxing and it is not good for the Sport AT ALL

You can also ask the question of what happens to Showtime once Mayweather 2 Fights are Done Now

If Pacquiao vs Mayweather doesn't happen, BOTH NETWORKS ARE SCREWED in the Long Run because Boxing will go on ICE for a few years until someone interesting comes along

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                      With over 100 fighters under him and Shotime not reeling in significant numbers outside of Floyd, I wonder how often those fighters will get to see a fight date. Overpaying his fighters for glorified sparring matches such as LSC vs Roman and Salka vs Garcia will bite him in the ass. Sooner than later other fighters will ask for similar amounts or a date to fight.. and dealing with a stable of 100 plus hungry fighters asking for the piece of the pie doesn't seem like fun.
                      Ya I don't see how he keeps those fighters if they're not active and getting paid well. There just isn't enough tv dates on showtime to support all those guys. Giving guys A rod money might be ok the first few times but its economically unsustainable.

Comment

Working...
                      X