Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like someone said earlier, there isn't a stand out this year so far.

I don't even think Crawford should be anywhere near there either. Sure he beat Gamboa, the name Gamboa. You really have to see all the advantages he had against him.

Comment

if algieiri beats manny then you have to consider him since he had 2 huge upsets and won 2 titles in different weights. Bhop if he beats Kovalev and algierir doesn't beat Manny. Crawford and Gonzalez would be next.

Comment

Beat Herrera and beat Salka.

Ya'll must've forgot!

All jokes aside Algieri if he beats Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

BHop will probably win it....no doubt in my mind, he WILL clearly beat Frankenstein

Comment

It has to be Floyd He beat Maidana who was supposed to do tarver vs jones II, make him quit and he was supposed to be unstoppable. And he beat him with 8oz and 10oz gloves in a rough and tough fight and a boxing match. he defended his welterweight championship and Junior middleweight championship. Remained the #1 P4P, undefeated, and made Pac turn down his chance to get it. its hard to put someone over that.

Comment

No mention of Canelo? I know it's hip to hate him but come on! The least he deserves is an honourable mention.

Actually I'm torn between him and Crawford (assuming both win vs Clottey and Beltran respectively), leaning slightly towards Crawford.

Gonzalez could be in the runnng if he beats another good name before the year is out.

As for Hopkins, Kovalev would be a great win, but Shumenov is a fairly weak second best win, so I don't think he should be FOTY.

Comment

Algieri if he beats manny

Hopkins if he beats kovalev

Cotto and canelo had a shot if they ended the year with big wins but they don't seem to be taking a big fight till next year

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                  No mention of Canelo? I know it's hip to hate him but come on! The least he deserves is an honourable mention.

Actually I'm torn between him and Crawford (assuming both win vs Clottey and Beltran respectively), leaning slightly towards Crawford.

Gonzalez could be in the runnng if he beats another good name before the year is out.

As for Hopkins, Kovalev would be a great win, but Shumenov is a fairly weak second best win, so I don't think he should be FOTY.
                  Canelo doesn't belong in the discussion for FOTY. Crawford fighting and beating Burns in the latter's home turf, beating Gamboa, and beating Beltran, who was robbed against Burns is more impressive than Canelo beating Angulo, who was tailor made for him, and failing to impress against Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Like someone said earlier, there isn't a stand out this year so far.

I don't even think Crawford should be anywhere near there either. Sure he beat Gamboa, the name Gamboa. You really have to see all the advantages he had against him.
                    What were those advantages?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      Canelo doesn't belong in the discussion for FOTY. Crawford fighting and beating Burns in the latter's home turf, beating Gamboa, and beating Beltran, who was robbed against Burns is more impressive than Canelo beating Angulo, who was tailor made for him, and failing to impress against Lara.
                      The big difference is that Canelo was 50/50 or a slight underdog vs Lara, whereas Crawford was a heavy favourite vs both Burns and Gamboa.

And Lara was coming off his career best win and performace vs Trout, while both Burns and Gamboa looked average to terrible in their last God knows how many fights before Crawford.

Like I said, I'm leaning slightly towards Crawford, but saying Canelo doesn't belong in the discussion is a huge stretch. I can definitely see a case for him being FOTY.

Comment

Working...
                      X