Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza Signs Two Year Contract With Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i guess Floyd fans will now say Floyd is on PEDs right?

or perhaps they now say Roach is the one personally doping his boxers instead of the trainer

imagine Roach trying to inject someone with a needle LOL

Comment

ARIZA is part of TBE,ah ah ah ah ah ah!

Comment

I don't have to pay to see ARIZA with a t-shirt of TBE or MAYWEATHER TEAM ,ah ah ah ah ah ah what a beautifull day today!!!

Comment

"When May comes around and you guys see All Access in May, I'll have a totally new team and probably a totally new staff," Mayweather told Fighthype, a source that's perhaps best known for being Mayweather's go-to bullhorn.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/9/18...tally-new-team

I call this "Money's Last Words." He's out of control. Ellerbe will be gone, Rafael Garcia will be gone, and from what Mayweather Sr. had to say about Ariza, I can imagine that Daddy and Uncle Roger will soon be gone. It reminds me of how Tyson surrounded himself with "people he could trust" before his fight with Buster Douglass. The end is near. He'll use this hire to trap any critics who didn't criticize Pacquiao when he had Ariza, and if Manny or Freddie make accusations, I guarantee he'll sue just like Manny did. All I can say is he officially lost a true fan with this news!

Comment

Ben Thompson, September 21, 2014

"Don't oversensationalize the headline. It doesn't mean anything. That's what professional athletes do at this level. They have non-compete/non-disclosure contracts. It doesn't mean anything until fight time," stated world-class Strength & Conditioning coach Alex Ariza, who clarified reports stating that he recently signed a two-year contract with Floyd Mayweather. According to Ariza, although he did indeed sign a two-year non-compete/non-disclosure contract during the final weeks of training camp leading up to the Maidana rematch, he'll only be working for the undefeated pound-for-pound king if Mayweather officially decides to utilize his services in his next fight.

"It's a standard two-year non-compete/non-disclosure contract. I don't even know if he's going to fight for another two years. I just can't talk about anything that went on in this camp and he's got first dibs on me if he decides to work with me in his next camp," Ariza recently explained when FightHype.com reached out to him for further clarification. "I wouldn't read too much into it. It doesn't mean anything. I think what he's doing is protecting his options. Nothing is official until come fight time and Floyd decides who's doing what. We could be sitting here holding hands all day long, but then come fight time, it could be a different story. As of this point, it's just a non-compete/non-disclsure deal until Floyd decides what he's going to do."

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article18007.html

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
              I agree with you except for the last paragraph. That's only because I'm aware that it isn't difficult to beat current testing methods. I can't believe any of these guys unless they subject themselves to the voluntary anti-doping programs for 24/7/365 like nonito donaire did.

That's beside the point though. I think Floyd got Ariza because he wants to add KO power. I don't think the arrangement will last though, because Ariza's tendency is to stray away from his S&C role and try to involve himself in the boxing tactics where he clashes with trainers.
              An athlete can't just be stop using for 2 months (being clean), and then expect to really benefit from drugs. That's a fairytale. At best, the athlete may benefit a little bit. It's really a thing they have to keep up with regularly on and off to maintain. So random drug testing in training camp is still very effective.

Comment

I think that Maidana I, made Floyd realize he was getting old, and he can't finish his last 3 fights on his contract without Ariza's help, and we all know what Ariza does best. If I was Manny, or Khan, I would not fight Floyd under any circumstances. I wouldn't use VADA/USADA, no one, because these guys like Conte, Ariza, Memo, they all know how to beat these tests. Look at Miadana's workrate in the 2nd fight, vice the first. We still don't know what Ariza was doing with Maidana in the 11th rd. of the Broner fight. Robert Garcia can't say anything, Roach won't say anything, because they are probably under non-disclosure contracts too. Sad day in the boxing world.

Comment

Somebody needs to dig up those Ariza shake threads

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    ... So random drug testing in training camp is still very effective.
                    Dear selim-raheem: what "random testing" are you referring to? (Just who is taking it and who is running it... to date?)

Comment

• Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
                      so i guess Floyd fans will now say Floyd is on PEDs right?

or perhaps they now say Roach is the one personally doping his boxers instead of the trainer

imagine Roach trying to inject someone with a needle LOL
                      For whatever reason, flying under the radar of several media outlets is the fact that last week, Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach cast his own cloud of suspicion on his star pupil, multi-division world champion Manny Pacquiao. In a revealing interview with SecondsOut.com, Roach shared his opinion of former one-time friend and associate Alex Ariza, who he referred to as "shady". "I know he has a new strength coach [Alex Ariza] and I don't get along with the guy, and one of the reasons why he doesn't work for me anymore is because I think he's a little shady, you know. He used to give Manny [Pacquiao] a drink every day before we worked out and I asked him, 'What's in that drink,' and he would never tell me. And I said, 'I need to know what's in that drink because, you know, you're giving it to my fighter and if something goes wrong, I'm gonna get the blame.' In my opinion, he's a little shady," Roach commented when asked for his thoughts on the news that Brandon Rios tested positive for a banned substance following his lopsided loss to Pacquiao...

Roach first hired Ariza back in 2008. Originally, he was brought in to treat a shoulder injury prior to Pacquiao's rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez, but not long after that, he was asked to overhaul the entire training program and was officially added to the team as the new strength and conditioning coach. It didn't take long for the pairing of Roach and Ariza to produce successful results with Pacquiao, quickly moving him up two weight divisions and notching big wins over Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, and Miguel Cotto in a 20-month timeframe. The fact that Pacquiao was so dominant against bigger opposition after jumping 3 weight classes is likely what prompted world-class trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. to first raise his own suspicions about Pacquiao allegedly using performance-enhancing drugs during a 2009 video interview with Josh Slaghter of MLive.com. ..

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that Roach said he suspected one of his fighters was using performance-enhancing drugs, but turned a blind eye to it. "I won't say I didn't know," Roach freely admitted back in March of 2010 when he discussed James Toney testing positive for steroids five years prior. "I never asked him, though. I never had a conversation. I could see his body structure had signs, his traps and stuff. He was either lifting a lot of weight or he was on (something)." In that same interview, Roach also insinuated that he knew another one of his fighters used steroids. "I think I had one other fighter on steroids also, Justin Fortune. I know he'd been there before," Roach added. Although that second claim has gone unsubstantiated thanks to a defamation lawsuit filed by Fortune, it should be noted that in a sworn statement, Roach said Fortune admitted to him that he did indeed use performance-enhancing drugs. "During the time that I trained [Fortune], [he] told me that he had used cycled performance enhancing drugs when he was training for the World Games as a power lifter in his home country of Australia," Roach explained in the statement. "Based on the information provided me by plaintiff, I believed that (he) had used PEDs."

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15933.html

Comment

Working...
                      X