Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Triple G's fan base will grow dramatically after the Rubio fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Triple G's fan base will grow dramatically after the Rubio fight?

Triple G will be fighting Rubio who is a Mexican based fighter in California. I think Mexican fight fans can appreciate his style. So with that being said, his exposure to the Latin fan base can help him draw in more fans and more viewers. My question is, will his fan base grow dramatically or do you see a little bump in his fan base?

Well he said it himself, he is "mexican style". So I guess that means everyone from LA and their mother is going to join the band wagon. We'll see I guess. I just wish boxing fans were only to join wagons after the fighter has done something to establish himself in the first place. This Triple G guy is looking like another boogeyman like Matthysse was.

Comment

Originally posted by beerbelly14 View Post
      Well he said it himself, he is "mexican style". So I guess that means everyone from LA and their mother is going to join the band wagon. We'll see I guess. I just wish boxing fans were only to join wagons after the fighter has done something to establish himself in the first place. This Triple G guy is looking like another boogeyman like Matthysse was.
      I know right...he's no Pete Quillen lol....

Comment

It won't sky rocket but it will continue to grow.

Comment

GGG has more fundamentals than Matthysse, so I would expect him to continue exercising his power successfully at MW, especially since there isn't any strong competition -- which actually hurts GGG, who won't grow or learn much until he fights someone truly good. Maybe the lineal champ? But why would Cotto commit suicide?

Comment

GGG has a very fan friendly style and his fan base will continue to grow with more exposure to different demographics.

Comment

Actually a lot of us have been following him since his amateur days and watched him in the Olympics. Obviously he was an extremely established amateur fighter. What has been lacking as a professional is a big name to accept his challenge. Similarly, many of us knew who Rigondeaux was well before his first pro debut fight. The difference here is Donaire actually had the balls to give Rigondeaux his opportunity. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the big names at 160 over the past couple of years.

Comment

I don't see why his fanbase will grow after beating Rubio, no matter if it's by 1st round KO. But I can see his current fans making more noise after his win. I think his fanbase would actually grow if he fought a big fight that he wins like against Ward, Froch, Chavez Jr, Kessler. His fans would also make more noise if he beats Cotto or Canelo, but the respect for him will go further down from those who want to see him fight a challenging guy and not former Jr WW's/WW's/small/shorter guys than him.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  Actually a lot of us have been following him since his amateur days and watched him in the Olympics. Obviously he was an extremely established amateur fighter. What has been lacking as a professional is a big name to accept his challenge. Similarly, many of us knew who Rigondeaux was well before his first pro debut fight. The difference here is Donaire actually had the balls to give Rigondeaux his opportunity. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the big names at 160 over the past couple of years.
                  Donaire vs Rigo, same promoter, easier to make than DiBella and K2 coming together to make Martinez-Golovkin, or Haymon/GBP coming together with K2 to make Quillin-GGG. Different situation.

Comment

I don't think it'll grow that much to be honest. He was here for the Marquez/Alvarado fight and he already had a huge following from fans.

Rubio isn't really a big name to begin with. I think he will gain a few more fans but had he fought a guy like Chavez Jr. as originally planned, it would have really propelled his fan base.

Comment

Working...
                    X