Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Maidana II Highest Selling PPV Event of 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But...but...b...but how will this compare to Manny's China PPV buys!

Comment

• Originally posted by kej718 View Post
      How is Showtime not making a profit?

The gate alone did about $15 million so that alone covers the fighters not named Floyd's purses.

I don't see how they would be losing money and still guaranteeing Floyd $32 million.

One million PPV buys for Mayweather-Maidana would generate roughly $70 million in gross revenue based on a price of $65 (standard definition) and $75 (hi-def). The buys skew typically slightly higher for the HD broadcast over standard def. The cable carriers take about 50% of the pie and Showtime also gets a small cut leaving around $34 million for the fighters and promoters on one million buys. It would take 1.5 million buys to top $50 million after the carriers and Showtime get their cut. There are other revenue streams, mainly the live gate which was $15 million and the fourth highest in the history of Las Vegas. Closed-circuit, foreign rights and sponsorships from Corona, O’Reilly Auto Parts and AT&T T +0.4% add millions more
      Pay no attention to what these posters say. HBO has "boxing after dark". Think they're doing it for free? Show time has showbox. Think they're doing it for free?

They're making money. What happened to then BS about Showtime upset with May for his selection of fighters and the PPV buys? Did they cancel his contract? Remember that? It was all over NSB.

I wouldn't take these posters too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        All day, everyday. Same ****. Please help me understand how you and your "life" aren't pathetic.
        That was straight ether.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          What I want someone to explain is why he hasn't posted in any Cotto threads that I can recall.
          Because he is a fake Cotto fan boy!

Comment

• Cotto v.s Canelo will do over a million buys and this is a projected rate **** even a Floyd v.s Garcia will do over a million buys madaina isn't a big draw and his stock went down in that rematch

Comment

• prolly cus showtime had rebate offers for the fight. I got a nice hookup from our provider so I ordered it. card was crap but I didn't have to pay for it and got free showtime out the deal

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                Cotto v.s Canelo will do over a million buys and this is a projected rate **** even a Floyd v.s Garcia will do over a million buys madaina isn't a big draw and his stock went down in that rematch
                I agree. Garcia is a popular fighter and Mayweather is still the Top Draw. If you put that combination together, Financially, It makes for a successful ppv. For the fans, I'm not so sure. They need to boost the undercard with some good fights. Like Deontay Wilder vs Bermane Stiverne, and then Adrien Broner vs Victor Ortiz. I badly want to see Broner KO Ortiz. Mayweather will always do the biggest numbers as long as he is still fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
                  Name calling WITH race included? Take 6 months off.
                  REED bodying these trolls.

Well done sir.

Comment

• Bob Arum

Comment

• Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
                      The biggest crowds are always drawn when A. There is a Mexican holiday. and B. When there is a latin fighter

Let it be known here. As much as you guys want to believe Mayweather's B.S.

It has nothing to do with Mayweather. If it did he would fight at other dates against non latin fighters. And still do his so called "breaking numbers"

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      He has fought on other dates against non Latin opponents with big ppv numbers. Ever heard of Ricky Hatton or Shane Mosley ?

Uh Mosley was on a Mexican holiday weekend smart guy. On that year May 5 (Mexican holiday) fell on a Wednesday. So they had to fight on a Saturday which was May 1st. Good day.

Comment

Working...
                      X