Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

925,000 PPV Buys for Mayhem (Floyd V Maidana 2)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    Zero way to verify it. It appears that when they fail to make 1 million, they think it's safe to come up with a number close to it.

These people should be investigated by the FBI. This is deception on a massive scale.

The IRS should go after them also.
    Considering Espinoza just announced he won't be releasing any number, this is very deceptive.

I agree these people should be investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      you know you're an assh0le when you refer to yourself in the 3rd person
      Hey don't talk **** about Miguel Cotto, he's twice the man you are and his sack is twice bigger than yours!

Comment

Based Rick calling shenanigans.
        Rick Glaser @RickGlaser1 · 1h
        Alert to all followers: #Floyd #Mayhem 925,000 PPV buys being written by some excellent writers is false, unwittingly by them! #boxing

I will have early next week a PPV number that is real, accurate, and to be "relied upon" Not a fraudulent number! #Mayhem #boxing #Floyd

Rick Glaser @RickGlaser1 · 58m
        The writers that reported 925,000 PPV buys for #Mayhem are great writers, l respect them alot, but that doesn't make them always right.

I'm sure everyone will assume it's only because I'm a Floyd hater, but I'm more inclined to believe Glaser. He hasn't let us Boxing fans down lately and he's broken a lot of blockbuster news before anyone else, including the big names in Boxing journalism. Plus the way Show and Floyd have acted since fight night makes it seem all is not well in paradise.

Comment

I thought it takes months to find out the real numbers

Comment

Don't know if this is true but if so that's a good number. The card was absolutely terrible. None of the undercard fights were good on paper. Bey/Vasquez was a guaranteed snoozer. LSC fight was a clear mismatch and Angulo is done at the top level. Plus, he was fighting a no name. I really thought the fight was going to do 700,000-800,000.

The first fight being competitive definitely helped.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
              I'll be surprised if their numbers are anywhere close to 450k considering they're fighting in China again
              Made me scratch my head when they announced that they're fighting in Macau again. Low PPV buys again for sure.

Comment

That's a really good number since most expected this fight to do worse. This will not force Mayweather's hand to face Pacquiao. I suspect that we'll see Mayweather vs. Khan with Thurman vs. Garcia as the co-feature. That should do some solid numbers and would setup Mayweather's opponent for September rather easily unless Thurman/Garcia fought to a draw.

Comment

hahahahahaha that's a lot of disappointed people because that whole night was boring and uneventful. good thing i didn't spend any money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    Based Rick calling shenanigans.
                    Alert to all followers: #Floyd #Mayhem 925,000 PPV buys being written by some excellent writers is false, unwittingly by them! #boxing

I will have early next week a PPV number that is real, accurate, and to be "relied upon" Not a fraudulent number! #Mayhem #boxing #Floyd

Rick Glaser @RickGlaser1 · 58m
                    The writers that reported 925,000 PPV buys for #Mayhem are great writers, l respect them alot, but that doesn't make them always right.

I'm sure everyone will assume it's only because I'm a Floyd hater, but I'm more inclined to believe Glaser. He hasn't let us Boxing fans down lately and he's broken a lot of blockbuster news before anyone else, including the big names in Boxing journalism. Plus the way Show and Floyd have acted since fight night makes it seem all is not well in paradise.
                    So long as you have always been inclined to believe Glaser when he reported other numbers. If not, well then yeah, you are cosigning only because you are a Floyd hater.

Comment

Am I the only one wondering how we got these numbers in less than a week? First fight, Guerrero and canelo all took longer.....

Comment

Working...
                      X