Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Froch be named as THE CHAMP at 168?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rankings is Ward "removed" from in November?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      The P4P and SMW rankings as usuall I guess. The tickler is usually 1 year and IMO that's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
        The P4P and SMW rankings as usuall I guess. The tickler is usually 1 year and IMO that's correct.
        P4P is mythical. Ward is going to be removed from mythical rankings?

Comment

You can't shove a square peg into a round hole. Stop trying. It's sad.

Comment

This is the 3rd thread on exactly the same topic. Both other threads received 200+ responses.

This topic has been discussed to death, and the correct answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              No because Ward fought in November of last year. He gets stripped after one year of inactivity.
              Thing for me is, Ward went over a year inactive in 2011.

So shouldn't he have been removed then?

He's not done enough since in my eyes to be back on the list.

Comment

Froch and Ward both fought one guy in the last year, Froch just fought his guy twice. So no.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                  How long can Ward be out of action and still be no.1. What's the time frame? Froch is clearly the most accomplished fighter so why shouldn't he be moved up.
                  Ward will be the best super middleweight for the foreseeable future. That's not a debate.

I think it's something of a fine line at this point, though. Ward is still the man, but what if Froch beats DeGale, Chavez, and Golovkin next year, and Ward only fights some lame defense against some random top 10 ranked WBA fighter? At what point does Froch's quality overrule Ward's win over him?

There has to be a point where that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    None. Ward is the lineal SMW champion. You cannot remove or strip a lineal championship. You can consider Froch #1 at SMW if you'd like, but the lineal champion is Andre Ward, and there is nothing anybody can do about it unless Ward announces his retirement, announces a move up in weight, or loses.

Comment

Ward is going to have to be stripped soon enough now. He's done nothing in ages

Comment

Working...
                      X