No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Mayweather Moved Too Much, Got Hit A lot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Wonder if Floyd watches Pac's ppvs, the way Pac watches all of Floyd's ppvs.
    :hihi: :hihi:

Floyd has been Manny fan since Morales 1

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Arum had no intention of guaranteeing him 20m for DLH. Floyd ended up taking 10m tsk tsk
      and then Floyd still made his $20 Million anyway:

If you include the $19 million-plus live gate (another record) plus millions more in revenue from foreign TV sales, merchandising, sponsorships and closed circuit sales, the fight will gross in excess of $150 million.

"It is mind boggling, but it goes to show you the hard work everyone put into the promotion paid off," De La Hoya told ESPN.com. "Everyone did a tremendous job."

Greenburg also credited the success of HBO's "24/7" reality show that ran in a coveted Sunday night slot behind the "Sopranos" and "Entourage" for three weeks leading up to the fight with helping sell both the public and the media on its worth.

De La Hoya was guaranteed $23.3 million and Mayweather $10 million for the fight. With the overwhelming success of the event, De La Hoya could take home upwards of $50 million with Mayweather earning around $20 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2865349

It's kind of amazing that Floyd took a chance on himself, and beat a Jr. Middleweight at that, and now he's guaranteed $32 million a fight. Not only that, he broke his own record with Canelo. Bob Arum should've taken that chance. Like Arum said, "you gotta know when to hold 'em..."

Comment

• The salty, kenducky fried floydiots crying in this thread are absolutely hilarious!

Comment

• Haha okkkk PAC. So first fight his legs were shot and did not move enough. But wait second fight he moved too much. Hey PAC maybe if you moved more you would not have been KTFO out cold on the canvas; lifeless. Oh an how many losses do you have? Wait you want to talk about rematches? Wait your 4 fight saga with JMM which was punctuated with you asleep? Please. When your the best people want you to lose... I.e. LBJ, Yankees, lakers, ManU... Floyd beats PAC UD. I like PAC but i think he has declined more than floyd easily. Lets see if PAc beats algeri first.

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
            Yet Manny would never step in the ring with Canelo. The excuses would be the size differential. However, Maweather is small too and he still stepped in and not only beat Canelo but EMBARASSED him. Do you remember Canelo's face after the fight? He looked like a lil baby that just dropped his ice cream cone on the cement. LOL!

I would love to see Manny in with Maidana. Manny gets KTFO!

Just like he got KTFO against another Floyd victim, JMM.

The only fighter that gives Floyd a true run for his money is SWIFT.
            "To me cotto is undefeated. Margarito cheated him and pacquiao weight drained him. I want my opponents at their best."-FMJ
            Then he proceeds to weight drain canelo.

Comment

He didn't duck Cotto at 147. Where are you getting your info from? Oh yea, you're getting it from this site: www.talkoutofmyass.com.

Floyd wanted to fight Cotto back when Cotto made his initial entry in the WW division. Guess who stopped it??? ARUM. ARUM. ARUM. ARUM!!!!

BUt I do know for a FACT that Cotto ducked Paul Williams.

After Paul vacated his belt, Cotto swarmed in quick to fight Jennings for the vacated belt at WW. Yet Cotto would never fight P WILL while he was champ! Straight PUNK move by Top Rank and Cotto.

I bet Cotto will NEVER fight GGG at 160.

Oh yea, lets focus on Mayweather, one of the few fighters that actually does fight legitimate competition damn near every outing.

His last legitimate BUM fight was Bruseles at 140.
              I've already posted a link and quoted mayweather saying that cotto was too green and needed tune up fights. Now how can that be that he wanted cotto in his initial entry to ww, when ya floydboys argue that he wanted ODH? So which on is it??? And what you talking about margarito after he beat cotto was the Super World wba ww champ, which would have been a unification bout with pwilliams. He didn't want that fight, then moved up weight. Cotto just came out of a loss. IMHO, id be really surprised if cotto fight GGG at 160.

Comment

That entire article was ACCORDING TO BOB ARUM...

LMAOOO!

Oh yea Floyd is a ducker because he chose to fight Oscar De La Hoya instead of Antonio Plasterito. The same Plasterito that would get smashed to pieces and DESTROYED by Sugar Shane.

And who did Sugar Shane fight immediately after ruining Margarito? Oh yea, FLOYD.

LOL!

I'm dumb.
                There actually was supposed to be a fight with shane and berto, but cuz of the haiti earthquake berto pulled and then floyd and shane fought instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Triangle theories work both ways. If you say Mayweather beat Oscar first, but Manny beat him better, you lose the fact that Manny fought him 18 months later, and Floyd beat Oscar at 154, while Manny beat Oscar at 147. Same with Hatton and Mosley, Floyd beat them first, but the tactic is well thought out by Manny's handlers:

"There's a couple of other guys out there right now that I'm thinking about that are free agents. You look at Mayweather's last like four fights and so forth, if we can fight one of those guys that he went the distance with and knock that person out and be impressive, it puts us even closer to Mayweather because that's the fight we really want eventually," stated world-class trainer Freddie Roach, who discussed his preference of opponents for Manny Pacquiao when he makes his anticipated return to the ring on April 12 the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. According to Roach, although Pacquiao doesn't mind avenging his controversial loss to undefeated welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, in his opinion, there's not enough money to make the fight worth his star pupil's while. Instead, Roach would prefer having Pacquiao face someone that Floyd Mayweather just fought, like Robert Guerrero, in hopes of scoring a more impressive victory.

"[Robert] Guerrero has sparred with Manny many times and he thinks he gets the best of Manny. He's made that public before that he used to beat Manny up in sparring. I see it a different way, but I would love that fight and I think it's a great fight. You know, he went the distance with Mayweather and I think if Manny knocks him out, it puts us even closer to the Mayweather fight," Roach explained during a recent interview with Secondsout.com.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15911.html
                  Pretty much what I see there is a boxer trying to pressure another boxer to fight him but is too scared to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    There actually was supposed to be a fight with shane and berto, but cuz of the haiti earthquake berto pulled and then floyd and shane fought instead.
                    It does not matter, nor change the fact that Mosley fought Mayweather after Margarito.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                      It does not matter, nor change the fact that Mosley fought Mayweather after Margarito.
                      How it doesnt matter when he brought it up and gave wrong information? Come on dude, you know you do the same lol and correct them.
                      Last edited by bigjavi973; 09-17-2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X