Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are The Young Guys Dangerous For Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think Thurman has a punchers chance.

Thurman's a boxer, I don't see anyone outboxing Floyd.

That fights not going to happen anyway unless he can get Brooks Belt.
    I agree. I just think Floyd is going to decline even more and it makes him vulnerable to big punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Agree 100%.

I think Amir Khan has the best chance of beating Mayweather at this point.

That saddens me but that's how I feel.
      Yeah i think your right.

Amir khan's handspeed and skill will cause floyd alot of problems, and i can see the fight looking alot like calzaghe-hopkins..

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        I agree. I just think Floyd is going to decline even more and it makes him vulnerable to big punchers.
        I can see that, but i think floyd will be more like hopkins and less like roy jones..

I can see a 40 year old floyd, picking apart big punchers, but struggling with "boxers" like khan, manny, Devon, brook.. much like how hopkins struggles in his later years with guys like calzaghe, taylor, dawson

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Floyd is now fighting father time...

I think he can be successful for years to come, just like hopkins, but like hopkins i can see floyd losing to top young guys like taylor or dawson, and beating some "tailor-made" guys like pavlik, cloud, etc...
          I don't think he'll last as long as Hopkins because Floyd started fighting high level fights at a much younger age than Hopkins.

Some people laugh about Khan but I think his speed can be a problem for Mayweather at this stage.

Comment

Thurman likes to fight on the backfoot at the opponent's pace, he won't put Floyd under relentless pressure and it would be more of a boxing match, which obviously favours Floyd.

Porter and Khan have a good chance of beating Floyd.

Porter is a better version of Maidana, he's more athletic, physically stronger (therefore harder to clinch), has good footwork and can keep up with Floyd at least to some extent and has a good jab although he didn't show it against Brook.

Against Khan, I think Floyd would fight on the frontfoot and try to get on the inside and hurt Khan, but Khan with his speed and jab would definitely find Floyd. Floyd was getting hit and out-jabbed by Maidana in patches yesterday, he's slowed down and isn't the same fighter anymore.

Of course Pac can beat him as well but that fight's not gonna happen.

Comment

There's really nobody I see beating Mayweather even now. However, I think he should focus on more established fighters to finish his career, guys like Pacquiao and Bradley for instance. Fighting a guy like Thurman, who has nothing to lose and everything to gain could end up being a disaster.

Comment

Youth has it's advantages and right now, Thurman's 25/6 year old legs are FAR more fresher than Floyd's almost 38 year old legs. Plus, Thurman himself is not like any of Floyd's recent opponents so far (he's not slow, flat-footed, or have bad stamina) so this kind of fight would be very different for Floyd at this point.

Whenever I think Mayweather vs. Thurman, I think of Leonard vs. Norris for some reason.

Comment

I don't think he'll last as long as Hopkins because Floyd started fighting high level fights at a much younger age than Hopkins.

Some people laugh about Khan but I think his speed can be a problem for Mayweather at this stage.
                  True, he has been on the world class level since he was 20.. He might not be 49 looking to unify like hopkins, but i see similarities in their ring style and more importantly outside the ring, both hopkins and floyd are true professionals and keep in great shape year round..

And yes, khan is the biggest threat to floyd at the moment.. Thats a fascinating matchup, and look forward to it next may

Comment

True, true.

Luckily he has a very good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Yeah i think your right.

Amir khan's handspeed and skill will cause floyd alot of problems, and i can see the fight looking alot like calzaghe-hopkins..
                      Khans speed in both hand and feet, output and jab combined with Floyds age and level of decline is going to cause major problems for Floyd.

I really just can't see how it won't.

Khan will land the jab, a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X