Ike Williams
    Emile Griffith
    Carlos Ortiz
    Sandy Saddler
    Jimmy Bivins
    Sammy Angott
    Evander Holyfield
    Bernard Hopkins
    Forty honorable mention (in alphabetical order): Alexis Arguello, Marco Antonio Barrera, Carmen Basilio, Wilfred Benitez, Charley Burley, Joe Calzaghe, Miguel Canto, Marcel Cerdan, Oscar De La Hoya, George Foreman, Bob Foster, Joe Frazier, Kid Gavilan, Wilfredo Gomez, Marvin Hagler, Fighting Harada, Thomas Hearns, Larry Holmes, Eder Jofre, Harold Johnson, Roy Jones Jr., Jake LaMotta, Lennox Lewis, Ricardo Lopez, Rocky Marciano, Lloyd Marshall, Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Erik Morales, Carlos Monzon, Jose Napoles, Ruben Olivares, Manuel Ortiz, Manny Pacquiao, Luis Rodriguez, Salvador Sanchez, Felix Trinidad, Holman Williams, Tony Zale and Carlos Zarate.
    http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...-modern-greats

Good list.

Comment

How the **** is Bhop there and his daddy is an honorable mention????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by slipcatchroll View Post
        How the **** is Bhop there and his daddy is an honorable mention????????????????
        Read his criteria. Level of opposition matters.

Comment

Seems about right although I think there are some other guys who should be over some in the 40 but as you go down any list more guys become hard to separate and Dougie was definitely a big fan of all the guys I see who I think he is over rating a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by slipcatchroll View Post
            Yeah Jones over BHop is the only thing I'm certain I'd change.

It's a good list.

Comment

I have my own list too and Floyd is not even near 60, he is at 72 rank ATG!

Comment

good list but there are guys left off who fit his criteria moreso than guys in the top 20

Sammy Angott is in the top 20 but no Canzoneri who fought everyone in his era, almost beat everyone and won 3/4 titles at 3 weights by age 22

Comment

Barney Ross and Jimmy McClarnin

are more deserved of a top ten placing than Ike Williams, Angott, and Carlos Ortiz

Comment

How is this even possible when his career isnt even over yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X