Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Naseem Hamed the most exciting fighter of the 90's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was very entertaining for sure, ridiculous power

Comment

I'd argue for Roy Jones but Hamed is right up there.

Comment

Let's be honest and put all prejudice aside, whether it's national, racial, religious etc..

Hamed was the most exciting boxer of all time.

In fact, only a handful of boxers come close but nobody can match Naz.

Comment

Even my dad,who has zero interest in boxing normally, loved to watch Naz. The guy put on a show, he knocked people out, did the business.

Anyone who was around then and followed his career knows the Naz that lost to Barrera was a shadow of his former self. No excuses, he was well beaten that night but 3-4 years previously it would have been a different story.

The Prince is fo' real.

Comment

Don't disagree with the people saying he's one of the most entertaining fighters of all time, he was definitely a one off. A very special talent.

Comment

The 90s was a decade with Tyson, Holyfield, Oscar, Tito, Benn, Eubank, McClelan and so on. It was an era of great match ups and exciting fights. Was Naz the most exciting of the lot? At times he may have been but there is no denying, that outside of Mike Tyson, the Prince was the major catalyst for mainstream boxing.

He was bigger than Lewis at one stage, in fact, in 1999, when Lewis was undisputed champ, Naz was making more money on a yearly basis. I don't think there has ever been a fighter south of 147 who has made more money than THE heavyweight champion of the world. He did so because people wanted to watch him fight, they wanted him to endorse their products, he was an all round superstar.

All of that went hand in hand with some exceptional ring performances, all but a handful of his fights ended in spectacular KO. He rarely went to points and the most important thing is, in his prime, he rarely wanted to go to points. He was without a doubt, one of the greatest and most entertaining featherweights of all time.

Comment

Tyson was still the most exciting

With hamed, Roy, oscar, gatti, g-man, tapia,, all getting shout outs

Comment

For all the people that say Jones was the most exciting fighter of the 90's, "y'all musta forgot" ! People constantly were giving Jones a hard time because of his fights and that's where the term 'Roycott' comes from because people wanted to boycott his fights. Only now we look back at Roy's career and appreciate the legend he was. Naz was far more exciting then RJJ in the 90's, Roy had trouble selling fights and was really badly promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    He was very exciting. I wish I got into boxing when he was around. I basically got into right when Naseem took the exit and Pacquiao walked thru the door.
                    Hmmm ya don't say lol

Comment

naz was awesome, with seriously punching power in both hands,
                      i remember when i was young me and all my cousins and friend used to get together watch naz fight and have a laugh,
                      he really was entertaining, boxing did go flat after he retired

Comment

Working...
                      X