Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Naseem Hamed the most exciting fighter of the 90's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really. Most people in the U.S. don't like lighter weight divisions, especially back then, let alone know who Hamed was. Tyson was the most exciting fighter of the 90s as far as I'm concerned and everyone knew who he was.

Comment

He was basically nothing in the US!

Comment

Tyson was the most exciting fighter in the 90's imo

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
          Not really. Most people in the U.S. don't like lighter weight divisions, especially back then, let alone know who Hamed was. Tyson was the most exciting fighter of the 90s as far as I'm concerned and everyone knew who he was.
          Lol wut? Hamed might not have been the superstar he was in the UK, but he was important enough where his fights were featured.

Comment

Tyson is one of my favorite fighters of all time. He was the most exciting fighter of the 80's without a doubt. In the 90's he was still exciting but it was mostly hype and nostalgia that created the buzz for him. Naz actually brought something fresh to the game and was definitely the most exciting fighter in the world.

Comment

As I lived in the UK, he was definitely the most exciting fighter I watched. I saw most of his career and loved every moment of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                Naz completely changed that. You must have not been around at the time.

Comment

Hamed was memorable for his antics, entrances, arrogant behavior and knock outs but Roy Jones Jr takes the cake as most exciting fighter of the 90s.

Comment

Watching Naz get a haircut was more exciting than your average Mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Watching Naz get a haircut was more exciting than your average Mayweather fight.

Haha that's classic but also shows the end of his career, he was basically mayweather before mayweather but the difference is Hamed had no hard work, dedication and that's why he got beat. He thought he was so blessed that he could cut corners....it didn't work out like that

Comment

Working...
                      X