Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else thought that Paul Williams would have beaten Floyd @147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else thought that Paul Williams would have beaten Floyd @147?

Paul Williams was a 6'1 southpaw with crazy reach, threw 100 punches per round, knew when to clinch, good chin, and decent power. I always thought he would have beaten Floyd if they fought but of course he will say "he has no fan base" to prevent the fight. Am I the only one who thinks this?
    Williams by KO
    20.31%
    Williams by decision
    39.06%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Floyd by KO
    3.13%
    Floyd by decision
    37.50%

The poll is expired.

he really didn't hit very hard at 147. i think he was a total zombie at the weight. it's amazing that his chin was good, and that he threw so many punches, considering how hard it must have been to get to 147.

he might outwork mayweather and win a decision. i still think you have to pick floyd. he was just a better welterweight. i know it's a lame argument to say that, but williams lost to carlos freaking quintana.

mayweather would give up close to half a foot in height, over half a foot in reach, and he'd probably give up at least 10 lbs in the ring, probably more. i still think he wins. he was just a better welterweight.

today's floyd gets outworked, doe. he was on the ropes against marcos freaking maidana. his legs are all done. prime williams would beat 37 year old mayweather up.

Comment

Add a poll let's find out

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Add a poll let's find out
        Just did...

Comment

I like them both and to be honest I can't call it.

Even for Floyd that's a crazy matchup because of Paul's height and punch out put.

It's hard for me to picture Floyd making this one easy. It's a style matchup nightmare for Floyd.

Don't know why many posters feel they must micro analyze the crap out of something and act like its Fore gone conclusion...

I honestly don't know.

Should have added " too close to call"on the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by DONDIisBack View Post
            I like them both and to be honest I can't call it.

Even for Floyd that's a crazy matchup because of Paul's height and punch out put.

It's hard for me to picture Floyd making this one easy. It's a style matchup nightmare for Floyd.

Don't know why many posters feel they must micro analyze the crap out of something and act like its Fore gone conclusion...

I honestly don't know.

Should have added " too close to call"on the poll.
            Yeah but that is the easy way out although draw is an option too. I kinda want people to pick a side.

Comment

lil Floyd would,ve went into retirement again... no doubt about it...

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                Paul Williams was a 6'1 southpaw with crazy reach, threw 100 punches per round, knew when to clinch, good chin, and decent power. I always thought he would have beaten Floyd if they fought but of course he will say "he has no fan base" to prevent the fight. Am I the only one who thinks this?
                Quintana is not in Floyds class and he out boxed him , prime Floyd has out of this world skills and would box circles around him .

Comment

paul was a decent fighter but let's be honest here he had sub par defense, very little movement, he wasn't very evasive. all he did was punch a lot, and not all were very hard. the only time he hit hard was when he got leverage behind those shots, but with him always being off balance he didn't even have that on floyd. floyd beats him up easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildin out View Post
                    paul was a decent fighter but let's be honest here he had sub par defense, very little movement, he wasn't very evasive. all he did was punch a lot, and not all were very hard. the only time he hit hard was when he got leverage behind those shots, but with him always being off balance he didn't even have that on floyd. floyd beats him up easily.
                    The fact that Williams would have thrown at least 1200 punches in the fight, with his reach and length wouldn't have bothered Floyd and Floyd would've easily won?

Comment

Working...
                    X