Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else thought that Paul Williams would have beaten Floyd @147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    This.

Floyd would get wrecked. High volume is the key to beat Fraud
    Your a joke. Why keep posting here? Fanboy/hero worshipping is some pathetic ****, you should get that checked out.

Comment

I never knew Floyd was a southpaw 5/10 welterweight like Quintana. But the Punisher and Margarito were 2 welterweights I definitely think would have beaten Floyd. Which is why retirement called.

The same can be said about how Maidana gave Floyd fits. 2 bigger welterweights with twice the stamina?? Yeah, easy night for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I never knew Floyd was a southpaw 5/10 welterweight like Quintana. But the Punisher and Margarito were 2 welterweights I definitely think would have beaten Floyd. Which is why retirement called.

The same can be said about how Maidana gave Floyd fits. 2 bigger welterweights with twice the stamina?? Yeah, easy night for Floyd.
        Maidana gave Floyd fits cause he so darn unorthodox. Neither Paul Williams or Margs throw punches like Maidana. To me Margs was just too darn slow, I know he'd walk through Floyd's punches but I don't see a prime Floyd staying on the ropes or still long enough for Tony to let those gifted hands go. Williams would of been a real challenge due to punch output, but like another poster said he always seems to be off balance, and doesn't really use his reach advantage since he likes to go in there and slug it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Maidana gave Floyd fits cause he so darn unorthodox. Neither Paul Williams or Margs throw punches like Maidana. To me Margs was just too darn slow, I know he'd walk through Floyd's punches but I don't see a prime Floyd staying on the ropes or still long enough for Tony to let those gifted hands go. Williams would of been a real challenge due to punch output, but like another poster said he always seems to be off balance, and doesn't really use his reach advantage since he likes to go in there and slug it out.
          They threw more punches than Maidana and neither got tired. There's nothing in Floyd's arsenal that would have deterred them coming forward and forcing him to fight. Floyd's bread and butter was opponents getting tired, or being gunshy. You'd find nothing of the sort with those 2 and Floyd knew it.

Comment

PWill and Margs would've given Floyd a very tough fight. Both would put relentless pressure on him and not stop throwing. A good pressure fighter with stamina can beat Floyd.

Comment

He lost to Quintana, got outboxed over 12. And mostly everyone thought Lara outboxed him. I'm sure despite not being a southpaw like the two mentioned above, Floyd would have come up with a way to outbox Williams. But I don't think it would have been easy. It would have probably been Floyd having to use his legs a lot like in the DLH and Canelo fights. People see Williams height and go crazy over a match up between him and Williams, but like Roy Jones commented on in one fight "Paul Williams fights like a midget". He gives up his height, which was his advantage to anyone that saw him on google, but when he fought he gave it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                They threw more punches than Maidana and neither got tired. There's nothing in Floyd's arsenal that would have deterred them coming forward and forcing him to fight. Floyd's bread and butter was opponents getting tired, or being gunshy. You'd find nothing of the sort with those 2 and Floyd knew it.
                Yeah but punch output isn't gonna be enough against a PRIME Mayweather. I agree that them not getting tired and their output would make Floyd fight, but they would need a lot more then "we throw a lot of punches" to beat him. Like I said i'd give Williams a heck of a shot at beating Floyd, but Margs I just don't see it, dude was too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by C-SHO View Post
                  Your a joke. Why keep posting here? Fanboy/hero worshipping is some pathetic ****, you should get that checked out.
                  fu*k off.

And it's you're * I can tell you're a Floyd fan. Do you post in any thread unrelated to Floyd?

Go back to flipping burgers ya ****. Make sure they don't burn.

Comment

The only clink that Williams had was facing southpaws.

Then again, not even Sergio Martinez's moves and power slowed down Williams .... but the power eventually stopped him. BUT Floyd doesn't have Martinez type power. Not even close! So I see Williams showing no respect against someone like Floyd and just out working him for 12 rounds! Floyd just doesn't have a high enough work-rate to win.

Floyd expects you to slow down, respect him, and so on. Williams didn't care and would have an phenomenal work rate throughout the fight.

Floyd's shoulder roll would be a joke against a southpaw that was as tall as Williams. Williams could have easily gone over the shoulder with his right and even easier with his left.

When Williams called Floyd out, Floyd was nowhere to be found

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      margarito isn't unorthodox? he was just as unorthodox, had a wider variety of punches, was a better pressure fighter, and was much taller and longer than maidana with much better punch resistance. you are right that margarito had slow hand speed but he was great at cutting the ring off and floyd gives up ground very easily. he's easy to get to the ropes or corner(even terrible baldomir easily did that) but what saves him is his great defense when he does get there. a guy who throws crazy punches like margarito and never gets tired is his nightmare. maidana had a good plan but didn't have the stamina to continue, same with cotto. even maidana was catching floyd with a jab over and over because floyd was so scared of his power punches. how scared would floyd be when margarito is looming over him?(answer very scared see the video where margarito confronts him) 7 million to fight margs or 4 million to fight sharmba...we know what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X