Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Edging Closer To The Point of No One Cares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems people are underestimating Broner's chances against Matthysee like they did Garcia. If Broner can take Matthysee's punches, it will be a long night for Matthysee. I may not like Broner's attitude at times and maybe he will grow up some day, but looking at this fight realistically, Broner can trouble Matthysee with his style. Intriguing matchup with ebb and flow to it from both sides.
    Last edited by richardt; 09-09-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Eh..

Only time will tell. I think this fight was a wake up call and he will get focused in the gym. If not he will have only 3 good years left in the spotlight before he is officially labeled a bust.

Comment

I have to agree with the bulk of the posts here that Broner is not the superstar boxer that he still seems to think he is. There's nothing wrong with calling out Maidana and Matthyesse but until he beats someone of that caliber, he is a legit WW contender in his mind only. He definitely has talent and some skill but his mouth keeps writing a check his ass can't seem to cash. I think it's ridiculous to think that without people like Adrian Broner, boxing would be less entertaining. Personally, and I think I speak for the bulk of dedicated boxing fans, I don't watch professional boxing matches to hear an arrogant, racist, dancing clown talk trash and berate other fighters when he has yet to prove himself on an elite level. I'm all for charismatic boxers with big personalities but unless you back up your hype with solid wins in the ring, you're just barking in the wind. Ali talked a lot of trash about his opponents but he was well spoken, poetic and legitimately funny. Furthermore, he regularly challenged and beat the best competition in his weight class. There's a BIG difference in that and what Broner does. People must be a lot more gullible and easily amused nowadays if Broner's childish antics are considered quality boxing entertainment.

Comment

I agree with this article. I love Adrien Broner as a boxer. But he is so annoying as a person that he makes me cringe when he speaks. He really needs to learn when to turn it on and when to turn it off. Broner could very well beat Lucas Matthyse but I doubt it. Mathysse is a better all around fighter and more of a serious person than him. He would have to be on his A++ game. And he is such an idiot that I don't know if he can humble himself enough to get focused enough to bring an A++ game to the table. Even if he were to knock Mathysse out, his schtick has gotten so lame and contrived that I still wouldn't give much of a care about him. Adrien Broner lost me. And as far as his African American comments go I have only one thing to say. You're embarrassing us bruh...
          Last edited by peplz; 09-09-2014, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Bad boyz

Everyone on here hatin on a ****y flamboyant skilled fighter. It seems though everyone watches his fights. Probably cause there exciting. Yeah he got beat by maidana but he didn't get blasted out he got dropped and then again. Bad boyz get up and bring it. Gettin his brush on and doin the shakes I like that shet. It brings life to a party. If every fighter was a stoned face killa there would be know life to the show. Stop biachin blo. Broner be ballsy calin out Argentina killas to.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              By Lyle Fitzsimmons - First things first, Adrien Broner can fight.

He***8217;s got quick hands. He moves well.
              Who are we talking about?.

The Broner I know doesn't move well , a lack of footwork it's actually one of his worst flaws.

For the rest, who gives a damn what Broner says or does?. He is a Boxer , he has to entertain with his fists, his tongue is accessory at best.

I don't care about his tongue, but props if he actually fights Matthysse next, it'd be a very good fight, and unless Broner fixes his flaws I favor "The Machine".

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Seems people are underestimating Broner's chances against Matthysee like they did Garcia. If Broner can take Matthysee's punches, it will be a long night for Matthysee. I may not like Broner's attitude at times and maybe he will grow up some day, but looking at this fight realistically, Broner can trouble Matthysee with his style. Intriguing matchup with ebb and flow to it from both sides.
                Broner won't be able to take Matthysse's punches... believe it. The Machine's punches have pop, and are at least as hard as Maidana's, if not harder.

Comment

Lol @ Lyle sneaking in the prediction that Mayweather will stop Maidana in 10.
                  Good one!

Comment

Spot on article. Matthysse will ruin Broner, just like Maidana did, and it will be just as satisfying to watch.

Comment

I'm not sure if there is a comparison between Matthysse and Maidana, Lucas does not fight as wild or as recklessly as Maidana does. I've always called Matthysse a cultured beast. He likes to stand his ground, use his jab, avoid getting too close unless he is in range to land a big shot. Maidana, in his last 2-3 fights has fought like a man possessed who doesn't give a ****. He throws caution to the win and just runs in swinging wild, Matthysse never does that. Maybe he never will.

It is a better style match up for Broner but lil Floyd's defense is too leaky and if he gets caught too often, Matthysse may stop him.

Comment

Working...
                      X