Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Roman Gonzalez be in the top 10 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Most people dont watch fights lower than 135, and this is reflected in both their knowledge of Gonzales, and their fantasy rankings
    Pretty much true.

I only care about Loma/Donaire/Rigo/Uchi below 135..

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
      I think the case against having him top ten now can only be built on the ignorance of the person making the list.
      This right here. Just bc its not on American TV doesnt mean it doesnt count.

And co-sine on all those above countering the ridiculous notion that Fly and below isnt deep. Flyweight in particular is in a strong period right now, its just that most of the dudes are Japanese, or otherwise fight off our radar.

And Chocolatito has beaten a good many of them. Estrada, Yaegashi, Rodriguez Jr, Takayama... all world class. And Estrada was the only really competitive fight.

As far as all-around skills, I would only put Money, maybe Ward, maybe Rigo above him (but Rigo lacks a resume), perhaps PAC as well.

Honestly the only way Choco isnt top 5 p4p is if you simply dont know the little guys.

I would put him at #2 due to Wards inactivity, altho I could see arguments for Pac being above him. Me personally, I couldnt put him lower than #4

Comment

Working...
      X