Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Roman Gonzalez be in the top 10 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should be in the top ten. The top ten is wide open right now. A lot of fighters are a big win away from being in it.

Comment

Of course he should be.

Comment

Hell yeah!

Comment

Don't know about top 5, but top 10? Absolutely. This isn't even up for debate.

Comment

Most people dont watch fights lower than 135, and this is reflected in both their knowledge of Gonzales, and their fantasy rankings

Comment

He was already top 10, now he's top 5. Three division champ, undefeated, beat Estrada, Chihuas now Yaegashi. I have him right below Manny Pacquiao on my personal list.

Comment

I'm fine with anywhere from like 7-15 for him tbh.

Comment

He should be top 5. He's as complete a fighter as there is in the sport right now and his resume backs up his skills.

Top 10 isn't a question. He should have been top 10 before stomping Yaegashi.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    He should be top 5. He's as complete a fighter as there is in the sport right now and his resume backs up his skills.

Top 10 isn't a question. He should have been top 10 before stomping Yaegashi.
                    Agreed. I don't have a PFP top 10 list but I truly believe he deserves to be in one. His skill and hype are equally matched. He disposed of Yaegashi in a manner damn near no one would have imagined(except the Nica commentator, dude was comedy). Sure he beat Estrada and Chihuas before they became champions(although I have no idea how the **** he stopped FR Jr) and has other ex champions on his resume, but adding Yaegashi and a third belt at a third weight class while maintaining an undefeated record is astonishing.

Comment

the fact remains that those divisions are rarely filled with great talent. men of that size with genuine athletic ability [speed, power] are rare.

i'd need to look at his opponents more. the ones i have seen haven't been much to write home about.

still, gonzalez is a very good fighter. he's dominant over men of his size. that's what a p4p fighter does.

klitschko's opponents suck, but i still have him in my top five p4p. i was tempted to drop wladdy after the povetkin, fight. i won't lie. he looked old, and the clinching was just absurd. a complete fighter shouldn't have to do that against a pleb like povetkin. take a step back or to the side. maybe try and fight inside. dont' just hold him every single time. it makes you look like garbage, and HW causes me to question the chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X