Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bernard Hopkins intimidated? (Kovalev faceoff)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was Hopkins I'd make Kovalev take the test. Fighters is dying out there.

Comment

Kovalev has a puncher's chance and a puncher's chance only. His robotic brain is going to short circuit when faced with a guy like Hopkins. 119-107 x3.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Don't know if BH was intimidated by this vid alone, but when in the ring feeling his punches he might be. But Kovalev certainly didn't look intimidated, he touched BH when BH didn't even do anything wrong.
        Kovalev doesn't give a shit... He is acting like a clumsy nice guy, uncomfortable in that communist party meeting suit they wanted him dressed in after he showed up in that Marilyn Monroe T-Shirt ...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Kovalev has a puncher's chance and a puncher's chance only. His robotic brain is going to short circuit when faced with a guy like Hopkins. 119-107 x3.
          Zamunda isn't the best location where someone may learn to understand boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Zamunda isn't the best location where someone may learn to understand boxing.
            I agree. Then again, it takes someone really ****ing ****** to think Zamunda is an actual place.

Comment

He can't even do that to Tavoris Cloud or Karo Murat anymore, man. Of all the things that might happen in this fight, that would surprise me more than anything.

Comment

I agree. Then again, it takes someone really ****ing ****** to think Zamunda is an actual place.
                Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  He can't even do that to Tavoris Cloud or Karo Murat anymore, man. Of all the things that might happen in this fight, that would surprise me more than anything.
                  I don't think highly of those guys just like I don't think highly of Kovalev. That's probably why Hopkins chose to fight them. But in a sense you're right and I'm exaggerating my point. No it's not going to be 11-1 but this fight is all about what Hopkins has left because Kovalev is just not that good. If he's done, Kovalev can score the KO but that's the only chance against a 50-year-old, sadly.

Comment

I don't think highly of those guys just like I don't think highly of Kovalev. That's probably why Hopkins chose to fight them. But in a sense you're right and I'm exaggerating my point. No it's not going to be 11-1 but this fight is all about what Hopkins has left because Kovalev is just not that good. If he's done, Kovalev can score the KO but that's the only chance against a 50-year-old, sadly.
                    I won't disagree with that, but Kovalev is clearly better than anyone Hopkins has fought since Pascal at least, though. He's a lot, a LOT better than Cloud or Murat or Shumenov. His power and combinations are scary for an older fighter who did get put on his ass twice against Pascal.

Not that I'm counting Hopkins out at all. 4-5 years ago this isn't a question. And of course Kovalev has never been on a stage like this, you never know how someone reacts on this stage until that bell rings.

I love the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I won't disagree with that, but Kovalev is clearly better than anyone Hopkins has fought since Pascal at least, though. He's a lot, a LOT better than Cloud or Murat or Shumenov. His power and combinations are scary for an older fighter who did get put on his ass twice against Pascal.

Not that I'm counting Hopkins out at all. 4-5 years ago this isn't a question. And of course Kovalev has never been on a stage like this, you never know how someone reacts on this stage until that bell rings.

I love the fight.
                      Hmm maybe Kovalev makes me a believer in this fight because I'm really not impressed. Then again, is beating a 50-year-old impressive? Sigh. This is the conundrum that is Hopkins these days. He's beating decent fighters (not great) but it becomes a great accomplishment because of his age? How do we rate these wins Hopkins has had and how do you rate a win over him at this juncture?

Comment

Working...
                      X