No announcement yet.

Nobody is ducking Thurman!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
    Who said this? What about Alexander he said he'd fight him. This fight would actually put Thurman in a position to challenge for a title.
    Maidana pulled out of a fight with Thurman because he was 'too big', but instead fought somebody bigger in Soto Karass. Porter's dad said they don't want the fight and it would be better in the future, Guerrero has turned down a fight a couple of times, once saying Thurman doesn't bring enough money table (then fighting Kamegai...) and pretending to be some superstar and saying Thurman has to earn a shot at him by moving up in weight and fighting Lara, he's always coming up with different excuses not to fight him.

Alexander has said he would fight Thurman so props to him, but Thurman has responded and also said he'd like the fight, so if it doesn't happen, Haymon is to blame because both guys want it.

Comment

Maidana and Guerrero avoiding Thurman may be the same reason why JMM won't fight Provodnikov. JMM also declined to fight Khan years ago complaining why he's being used as a stepping stone, "You haven't done enough, like I have, why should I fight you? Go and find someone with your level."

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
        Maidana and Guerrero avoiding Thurman may be the same reason why JMM won't fight Provodnikov. JMM also declined to fight Khan years ago complaining why he's being used as a stepping stone, "You haven't done enough, like I have, why should I fight you? Go and find someone with your level."
        lol Maidana was a nobody when he pulled out of the Thurman fight. He hadn't earned the right to pick and choose opponents at the time, he still hasn't actually. He pulled out of the Thurman fight to fight Soto Karass who was (and still is) pretty much a nobody.

Guerrero is also a nobody, he's not Pac or Floyd, he can't be telling people to 'earn' a shot at him. These guys need to stop thinking they're superstars and fight whoever is put in front of them.

Comment

What is mind-boggling to me at this point is why isn't Thurman pushing for the Alexander fight? Alexander is a huge opportunity and clearly a big step up in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
            What is mind-boggling to me at this point is why isn't Thurman pushing for the Alexander fight? Alexander is a huge opportunity and clearly a big step up in his career.
            Thurman has said a number of times he'd like the Alexander fight. He doesn't use social media or anything so he only has the opportunity to speak when he's interviewed and whenever he is, he says he wants to fight anyone in the top 10.

Al Haymon is doing a terrible job with him.

Comment

Maidana and ghost don't want him. Khan is a warrior but he's in line for Floyd so not surprise if he sucks him. I'll be shocked if kell fights him

Comment

I wanna see Brook fight either Thurman or Khan next. Kell doesn't get no soft touches for a first defense. Who the hell has he been fighting before Porter??? He should be able to go after a top guy right away. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                  Maidana pulled out of a fight with Thurman because he was 'too big', but instead fought somebody bigger in Soto Karass. Porter's dad said they don't want the fight and it would be better in the future, Guerrero has turned down a fight a couple of times, once saying Thurman doesn't bring enough money table (then fighting Kamegai...) and pretending to be some superstar and saying Thurman has to earn a shot at him by moving up in weight and fighting Lara, he's always coming up with different excuses not to fight him.

Alexander has said he would fight Thurman so props to him, but Thurman has responded and also said he'd like the fight, so if it doesn't happen, Haymon is to blame because both guys want it.
                  Good work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                    Can people please stop saying this, it's killing my high. Thurman is still taking "step up" fights for Christ sakes.
                    its actually true

but thurman wants bigger fights but his trainer and manager is holding him back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hS8...e3ZliHe4cyC06A

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post

***Maidana was coming off a loss to Alexander. Karass=good come back fight. Thurman not so much.

***Who cares about Porter (its quite obvious why it didnt happen)

***Guerrero got the same payday vs Kamegi as he would have vs thurman. What would you have chosen.

thurman should challenge Kamegi if he wants guerrero. Being as how its quite obvious he wants absolutely nothing to do with Alexander.

I said earlier Thurman was still taking "step up" fights. Well, i lie. He is actuoally taking step down fights. Chaves to diaz??? GTFO thurman is looking for a payday and soon as he equals a payday for these other guys. They will fight him.

"Its called prize fighting you dummy"

Comment

Working...
                      X