Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody is ducking Thurman!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody is ducking him. He just has too high an opinion of his own attraction and value.

Comment

• I swear this happens everytime someone who hits reasonably hard comes around. People go nuts and acts like everyone is ducking.

Thurman is starting to gets hyped as Provo and golovkin. I'll admit golovkin is being blatantly ducked though. He has good skills and should have fought one of the champs by now. But like Provo, tons of guys use the fact that he hits hard as a basis for every argument. Thurman is good but he hasn't proved himself yet. He needs to become the mandatory by fighting those ranked above him. Thurman had flaws and doesn't hit as hard as people seem to think. If he had real strength he would stop the weak opposition that he is facing quicker like golovkin did.

We can't make assumptions about thurman yet. We have no idea if he has the conditioning or chin to go twelve hard rounds with a world class opponent. If he does what golovkin does and convincingly works himself up the rankings then we can make the argument that people are ducking him. Kell's early opposition wasn't perfect either but he at least worked up to that position.

Comment

• Not a peep about Alexander...

http://youtu.be/9zhAfFv4zCg

Can somebody embed please? I'm on my phone.

Comment

• How can anyone deny that Maidana and Guerrero ducked him? it was so blantant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
            I swear this happens everytime someone who hits reasonably hard comes around. People go nuts and acts like everyone is ducking.

Thurman is starting to gets hyped as Provo and golovkin. I'll admit golovkin is being blatantly ducked though. He has good skills and should have fought one of the champs by now. But like Provo, tons of guys use the fact that he hits hard as a basis for every argument. Thurman is good but he hasn't proved himself yet. He needs to become the mandatory by fighting those ranked above him. Thurman had flaws and doesn't hit as hard as people seem to think. If he had real strength he would stop the weak opposition that he is facing quicker like golovkin did.

We can't make assumptions about thurman yet. We have no idea if he has the conditioning or chin to go twelve hard rounds with a world class opponent. If he does what golovkin does and convincingly works himself up the rankings then we can make the argument that people are ducking him. Kell's early opposition wasn't perfect either but he at least worked up to that position.
            Agree with the bolded, Thurman is a hard puncher but he's not a concussive devastating puncher like Matthysse, GGG, or Kovalev.

His speed and stamina are more impressive than his power imo. His stamina is A+, he puts so much power and speed into his punches and doesn't seem to tire, very good engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by BootyDew View Post
              Agree with the bolded, Thurman is a hard puncher but he's not a concussive devastating puncher like Matthysse, GGG, or Kovalev.

His speed and stamina are more impressive than his power imo. His stamina is A+, he puts so much power and speed into his punches and doesn't seem to tire, very good engine.
              Exactly. I think thurman has potential to win titles but he needs to work on his flaws. I've seen fights where he struggles to cut off the ring or ends up being cut off. But he gets out just by throwing a combination and weaving a bit. His accuracy and speed is more devastating than his power. If he improves his defence and footwork he could be even better. But he needs to stop calling people out and earn his title shots

Comment

• Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                Not a peep about Alexander...

http://youtu.be/9zhAfFv4zCg

Can somebody embed please? I'm on my phone.
                And I'm pissed at these interviewers in the media. They don't dig deeper. They're just as superficial as casual fans asking superficial questions.

It's obvious that he's not interested in Alexander. I'm not saying he's scared, but he's clearly using the same reason as the guys they say are ducking him. Guerrero and his dad see him as a nobody. Thurman sees Alexander as a nobody. Yet people don't accuse him of ducking Alexander.

Man, I hope Alexander stop calling out Thurman and move on. Let this hype job end up with another Karass. Brook and Khan won't be fighting him anytime soon.

Comment

• Khan's scared, Brook doesn't want it, Guerrero doesn't want it either...

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
                    And I'm pissed at these interviewers in the media. They don't dig deeper. They're just as superficial as casual fans asking superficial questions.

It's obvious that he's not interested in Alexander. I'm not saying he's scared, but he's clearly using the same reason as the guys they say are ducking him. Guerrero and his dad see him as a nobody. Thurman sees Alexander as a nobody. Yet people don't accuse him of ducking Alexander.

Man, I hope Alexander stop calling out Thurman and move on. Let this hype job end up with another Karass. Brook and Khan won't be fighting him anytime soon.

I find it funny that the one guy who has called Thurman out. He doesn't even mention his name.

Alexander was a champ for probably about 3-4 years and would be his toughest fight to date. Imagine if Thurman was actually able to knock him out. That would totally legitimize him.

But no. He don't want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                      I find it funny that the one guy who has called Thurman out. He doesn't even mention his name.

Alexander was a champ for probably about 3-4 years and would be his toughest fight to date. Imagine if Thurman was actually able to knock him out. That would totally legitimize him.

But no. He don't want it.
                      I think he's set to fight Roberto Garcia, who already has a space accomodated in Thurman's wiki.

Meanwhile, he calls out Brook and Khan, but not Alexander. He'd rather fight Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X