Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Andre Ward retired today, should he get inducted into the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    that doesn't make you any less ridiculous when you say that a guy who was second to ward for his entire career is the better fighter historically.
    He's not the better fighter I don't think anyone can dispute that but I'd say he has the better resume. I mean it is still arguable.

That's when rankings get difficult.

Comment

that doesn't make you any less ridiculous when you say that a guy who was second to ward for his entire career is the better fighter historically.
      That's idiocy on your part mate. It's not black and white. And second to Ward all of his career?

They fought once 3 years ago when Froch was well into his 30s and a two time world champion. How is that "all of his career"? "all of Froch's career is apparently the length of two Ward fights now.

Since then Ward has fought twice against meh opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He's not the better fighter I don't think anyone can dispute that but I'd say he has the better resume. I mean it is still arguable.

Precisely. Ward is a better fighter than Froch, but that is not equal to having a better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          "destroyed"

Froch was 34 damn years old at the time and already wartorn. He's been ready to retire after his next loss for a while. Nothing new, don't act like it had anything to do with Ward. Point is, he didn't retire. He went on to demolish the guy many people thought was better than Ward and who Ward didn't want to fight.

The Kessler win, whilst it might be legit, will always be remembered for one thing, and one thing only. Billy goat.

He has Kessler, a 5 time world champion? It doesn't matter. Ward can't just live off 1 win. We agree it's the best combined win probably, but Froch has 8-9 more world class wins to back him up. Ward only has 3 or 4 at best,

so froch is better than ward because people overrated lucian bute

you talk about being wrong about bute like it's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Undefeated Froch.
            Who are Ward's best 2 wins?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              Who are Ward's best 2 wins?
              That would be against the doublevision-suffering Kessler whom he is afraid to rematch and Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

how on earth can you possibly say that? which froch wins are you weighing so heavily that they overweigh the only real important historic wins on either guy's resume, kessler and froch himself?

Comment

to answer the question, i dn't think ward should be a hall of famer, but both he and froch will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    That would be against the doublevision-suffering Kessler whom he is afraid to rematch and Froch.
                    froch is "afraid" to rematch ward too

Comment

how on earth can you possibly say that? which froch wins are you weighing so heavily that they overweigh the only real important historic wins on either guy's resume, kessler and froch himself?
                      Ward has the best win (Froch) and a fresher Kessler. But outside if that he doesn't have much, Abraham and Bika are good solid wins.

Froch has Kessler (abit older), Bute, Abraham, Taylor, Dirrell, Groves x2, Pascal.

I think it's definitely very clear Froch has more depth to his resume. But again it is still arguable.

Comment

Working...
                      X