Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez = Modern day Buster Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But but Marquez trained for Pacquiao's style. Isn't that what most fighters do? Was Freddie Roach not praised, in the past, for being one of the best tacticians in the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      But but Marquez trained for Pacquiao's style. Isn't that what most fighters do? Was Freddie Roach not praised, in the past, for being one of the best tacticians in the sport?
      So he beat him once out of 4 tries and this makes him the better fighter??

All whilst having a much worse resume??

Comment

Originally posted by BootyDew View Post

Where is your proof of this?
        troll on booty. Manny got KTFO in 2012, get over it already.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          tell me other than his fights with one guy what makes marquez ATG legendary?

barely scraping by an over the hill barrera? beating an over the hill casamayor? beating face first brawler no defense katsidis? beating juan diaz (a fight where he was getting beat up himself)? a shot alvarado? senchenko?

how many current world champs did he beat? 2? and how many future hof'ers did he beat? barrera and pacquiao? who else?

truth is marquez's resume and career is vastly overrated. sure he has good skills but other than giving pacquiao tough fights he hasn't done anything note worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            troll on booty. Manny got KTFO in 2012, get over it already.

I asked for proof of your claim... wtf has that got to do with my question?

Comment

Buster Douglass was an underachieving one-hit wonder. Marquez has done better than he has.

Comment

Originally posted by BootyDew View Post

I asked for proof of your claim... wtf has that got to do with my question?
                you've seen the proof dozens of times. I'm surely not going to waste time getting it again only for you to pretend it doesn't exist like you are now.

Get over it. Manny got KTFO. Had he been man enough to take $40 mil, no ppv or fight cotto at a full 154 he would have either gotten "pot shotted to death" or got another win.

Instead he fought the smallest guy of the 3, a guy of whom he said he "had no more to prove" and then refused to take PED tests when JMM agreed and suggested they both take it.

Again, its way past. get over it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  tell me other than his fights with one guy what makes marquez ATG legendary?

barely scraping by an over the hill barrera? beating an over the hill casamayor? beating face first brawler no defense katsidis? beating juan diaz (a fight where he was getting beat up himself)? a shot alvarado? senchenko?

how many current world champs did he beat? 2? and how many future hof'ers did he beat? barrera and pacquiao? who else?

truth is marquez's resume and career is vastly overrated. sure he has good skills but other than giving pacquiao tough fights he hasn't done anything note worthy.

Likar ramos in one round...

Comment

I just find it odd JMM still has a following. He is one of the most blatant duckers in the sport and easily one of the worst whiners in boxing today. JMM only made progress in the 3rd and 4th fights because Pac was past prime and had more wear and tear. Pac was a little slower by 2011 so JMM'S power shots landed more cleanly and could be timed a bit more. Even then, the third fight was AT BEST a draw for JMM.

JMM had it easier facing much smaller fighters. While Pac was facing guys like clottey and margo. Pac dominated these guys but the power shots he took did take its toll on his body.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
                      I just find it odd JMM still has a following. He is one of the most blatant duckers in the sport and easily one of the worst whiners in boxing today. JMM only made progress in the 3rd and 4th fights because Pac was past prime and had more wear and tear. Pac was a little slower by 2011 so JMM'S power shots landed more cleanly and could be timed a bit more. Even then, the third fight was AT BEST a draw for JMM.

JMM had it easier facing much smaller fighters. While Pac was facing guys like clottey and margo. Pac dominated these guys but the power shots he took did take its toll on his body.

also add to the fact that marquez is most likely abusing steroids with angel "steroid scientist but we call him a S&C" heredia.

Comment

Working...
                      X