Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez eyes Brook clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez is a great fighter but Brook is too big and all kinds of wrong for him. I would not totally rule out the possibility of a Brook stoppage.

Comment

Idiot. Doesn't he know by now that boxers with a good jab beat him. I see another loss for JMM if he takes this fight.

Comment

Respect to Marquez if this happen, but it will be difficult fight.
        Marquez always struggle against Good Boxer.
        Chris john, Bradley, Mayweather make marquez come forward and he suck at that.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I think Brook would knock him out.
          based on what? JMM has 42 round under his belt with one of the best punchers of all time (Pac) without being stopped, and now you think Mr grab anytime he gets close will knock him out?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            This what I see happening. HBO would do this bout at The MGM and maybe it could be a prelude to Froch's possible fight in January.

I have zero doubt Brook beats JMM.
            But would Brook risk the Khan fight by taking a big risk later this year? I don't see that happening.

Comment

Brook vs. Marquez would be a nice fight for a good purse in the states, I doubt you can do HBO PPV but I'm sure the money would be enough for HBO World Championship Boxing. Brook will probably align with HBO and do a deal with Top Rank, he can fight Marquez and if he wins gets Pacman, if he loses, he gets Bradley. If he loses to Marquez, he gets Bradley. Makes sense and lucrative fights for him without a lot of risk.

Comment

I like this fight a lot, but not for JMM.

I've said several times that I don't like JMM at 147, I believe he is too small and his weight is artifical...something he can get away with against other 147lb fighters who really belong at 140. Brook is a very, very big welter and is wrong for JMM - a brilliant jab and good boxer will always give JMM problems, then you have the fact that Kell stands 4-5 inches bigger.

JMM is also nearing 40 and often gets dropped, Kell will be the biggest guy he's fought by a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  based on what? JMM has 42 round under his belt with one of the best punchers of all time (Pac) without being stopped, and now you think Mr grab anytime he gets close will knock him out?
                  How many of Brook's fights have you watched?

Brook is a fully fledged welterweight with knockout power in both hands and a ramrod jab. I couldn't care less how many rounds he's done with the pacman, he's not a spring chicken anymore, he's 40 years old.

And he's a lightweight. I mean, a super lightweight at best.

It's all wrong for JMM and I wouldn't take that fight if I was him.

I also wouldn't if I was Brook, because he'll get as much credit for the fight as Khan got for Barrera probably.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    But would Brook risk the Khan fight by taking a big risk later this year? I don't see that happening.
                    I think he would. But not in the states. No chance Brook will fight anyone other than Pacquiao or Mayweather in the states right now.

It's in the UK for Brook now. If Marquez wants to come over, which I don't think he would want to, it could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      How many of Brook's fights have you watched?

Brook is a fully fledged welterweight with knockout power in both hands and a ramrod jab. I couldn't care less how many rounds he's done with the pacman, he's not a spring chicken anymore, he's 40 years old.

And he's a lightweight. I mean, a super lightweight at best.

It's all wrong for JMM and I wouldn't take that fight if I was him.

I also wouldn't if I was Brook, because he'll get as much credit for the fight as Khan got for Barrera probably.
                      JMM is still an elite fighter though, it would be great for Kell's resume.

I do believe this could be the time JMM gets stopped. At 39 and fighting someone who is FAR bigger than he is with big power...yeah, JMM would have fared much better against Porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X