Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Era of Boxing: Become a Champion Without Beating One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank Al Haymo for that! He buys already made champs and exploits their titles and the sanctioning bodies don't care cause they're getting their more fees!

Get rid of the scumbag Al Haymon!

Comment

Boycott

People should just stop buying PPV fights and try to stream it live somewhere, this would force the promoters and managers to make good fights for the fans, I think they should also have unified belts at every weight division and everybody should fight for this 1 belt, this would result in great fights at the top level. They try to justify making ****ty fights by saying that the fighters who only fight the best don't have a long career. IT DOESN'T ****ING MATTER how long your career goes or how long you stay undefeated, there are too many people looking for a shot and a great fighter can be replaced fast. so even if the top guys lose, the guys who beat them will become the main attraction and then there will come somebody else that will beat them, and so on and so forth, one fighter dominating a the sport or even a weight division for more than 5 years is bull**** and it's not good for the sport!

Comment

Having multiple "world champions" in each division has been a problem long before Al Haymon came along.

We need to go back to having only one champion per weight class. That way no one can can claim they are a titlist unless they actually earned it.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-15-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          He did not say he would not fight them..he said if the money is right then make it happen
          He said 8 figures larry, lets be real. That is bigger than Cotto numbers. Broner could never hope to get those kinds of numbers. How many fights ever there ever been where both fighters have commanded 8 figure paydays?

Canelo barely made it half-way to 8 figures vs floyd. Cotto didn't even make it to 8 figures vs Floyd.

I can't actually think of a fight where both fighters made 8 figure paydays off the top of my head.

So Broner says he will fight Garcia when they will both get 8 figure paydays. That is basically like him saying that he will fight Garcia when they find out where Elvis has been hiding all of these years. Because it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            He said 8 figures larry, lets be real. That is bigger than Cotto numbers. Broner could never hope to get those kinds of numbers. How many fights ever there ever been where both fighters have commanded 8 figure paydays?

Canelo barely made it half-way to 8 figures vs floyd. Cotto didn't even make it to 8 figures vs Floyd.

I can't actually think of a fight where both fighters made 8 figure paydays off the top of my head.

So Broner says he will fight Garcia when they will both get 8 figure paydays. That is basically like him saying that he will fight Garcia when they find out where Elvis has been hiding all of these years. Because it will never happen.

Truth. When exactly is the money "right"? Quillin must think hes worth 8 figures to fight GGG. The way to huge paydays is not vs the Salkas of the world. You take on a supposed high risk fight and win it, your stock goes up. If Broner truly believed he could beat Danny he should fight him and raise his profile a notch higher. It shows a real lack of belief in your skills when your asked about fighting a guy and your first answer is "boxing is a business". Certain fans seem to be more concerned with their favorite fighters bank accounts (Haymon would make sure they got a fair deal if they were to fight) then their legacies.

Comment

I agree. But be consistent with your criticism. Just because you like a fighter you don't have to justify everything he does. And just because you dislike a fighter doesn't mean you have to belittle all of his achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
                Certain fans seem to be more concerned with their favorite fighters bank accounts (Haymon would make sure they got a fair deal if they were to fight) then their legacies.
                More concerned about bank accounts than legacies? Do you mean like when team Golovkin says that fighting Andre Ward makes no financial sense?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  More concerned about bank accounts than legacies? Do you mean like when team Golovkin says that fighting Andre Ward makes no financial sense?
                  interesting.........

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Having multiple "world champions" in each division has been a problem long before Al Haymon came along.

We need to go back to having only one champion per weight class. That way no one can can claim they are a titlist unless they actually earned it.
                    Absolutely right.

Comment

Why do you assume someone who criticizes a Haymon fighter is a Golovkin fan? Again with the false equivalencies. I want Golovkin to fight Ward, and in Larrys thread I said right now I would prefer Golovkin to go fight Froch in England.

Comment

Working...
                      X