No announcement yet.

New Era of Boxing: Become a Champion Without Beating One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
    Clueless. GGG wants to unify. Broner wants to get a belt in a division without any desire to fight 2 of the champions. I know you are not willing to change your mind, doe.
    Your thread title....... New Era of Boxing: Become a Champion Without Beating One
    what champion has GGG defeated to become one?

Comment

If you have an opportunity to win a belt without doing much, sure, I understand it. But to be unwilling to fight the best in your division is unacceptable. Canelo had a paper title, but he has fought the best. I don't judge how good people are based on belts, but I am sick of hearing so and so is a 4x champion in 4 divisions. People enjoy when their fighters get the paper, and use it to pump them up, then denigrate fighters they don't like with similar paper belts.

Comment

I guess it is not so much the paper titles that bother me (although they do). It is the blatant and indefensible ducking within weight divisions under the guise of "it doesn't make business sense". Garcia has gotten to the point that he can headline a SHO event fighting a no-hoper. How much bigger are Garcia and Danny going to get, assuming they don't beat Floyd or Pac?

Oh, and dont forget the Bob Barker of boxing, Kid Chocolate.
        I agree that the ducking is indefensible and that things seem to be getting worse with these recent no-hope fights. I'm just saying that this trend is not particularly new and its not like al haymon invented this. He is perpetuating it and taking it to newer levels though.

Comment

If you have an opportunity to win a belt without doing much, sure, I understand it. But to be unwilling to fight the best in your division is unacceptable. Canelo had a paper title, but he has fought the best. I don't judge how good people are based on belts, but I am sick of hearing so and so is a 4x champion in 4 divisions. People enjoy when their fighters get the paper, and use it to pump them up, then denigrate fighters they don't like with similar paper belts.
          Hey man you are the one who made this dumbass thread trying to blame it on Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Your thread title....... New Era of Boxing: Become a Champion Without Beating One
            Your the one who brought GGG into the discussion, not me. I do not like paper belts period. Championship belts are not a big part of the GGG story yet, people like the knockouts. YOU said Broner was a 4x champion in 4 weight divisions, despite most of the belts being paper.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              I wouldn't be talking, Mayweather wont fight champions with punchers gloves.

"Dey no padding in them gloves, das Y they dying"

Mayweather wouldn't fight champions without a drug test

" Pacquiao completely destroyed Cotto and Mosley, while i had tough fights with both of them, and nearly hit the canvas in the 2nd round,SO Pacquiao must be on Roids, im not fighting"

Mayweather wont fight champions with out catchweights:

"Canelo 152, Marquez (cheated at the scales)"

How can you hate on GGG?, the guy just wants to get in there and win belts by KO. No Bull*****, just wants to fight. Yet you have the Divas TMT's nuts all in ya mouth? i dont get it

Comment

What is the point of having a belt if you did not and WILL NOT fight the best in your division? It means NOTHING and should not be used in a conversation justifying how good so and so is.

Comment

I hope you guys are ready for the monumental farce that is sure to be Broners 140 pound title. He wants a belt just to call himself the champ but has no interest in fighting either Lamont or Danny.

This seems to be the new attitude in boxing, and coincides with the rise of one Al Haymon.
                  you mean like beating David Diaz and Margaritio for titles at LW and JMW?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    you mean like beating David Diaz and Margaritio for titles at LW and JMW?
                    Sorry that I did not make a list of every paper titlist in history, my comments apply to all of them. Don't like the catch weight crap. I am willing to criticize ANY fighter if I feel it is warranted. Beyond titles, I have even more disdain for those who will not fight the best, despite there being no political/promotional divides.

Comment

Sorry that I did not make a list of every paper titlist in history, my comments apply to all of them. Don't like the catch weight crap. I am willing to criticize ANY fighter if I feel it is warranted. Beyond titles, I have even more disdain for those who will not fight the best, despite there being no political/promotional divides.
                      I asked because you said " This seems to be the new attitude in boxing, and coincides with the rise of one Al Haymon" in your 1st post.

I was just pointing out that its happened regularly prior to Al haymon being involved in boxing, before the politicos/promotional issues you also cited.

Comment

Working...
                      X