No announcement yet.

New Era of Boxing: Become a Champion Without Beating One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I asked because you said " This seems to be the new attitude in boxing, and coincides with the rise of one Al Haymon" in your 1st post.

I was just pointing out that its happened regularly prior to Al haymon being involved in boxing, before the politicos/promotional issues you also cited.
    I just notice his fighters becoming more and more unabashed in their unwillingness to fight the best fighters in their division. The Broner and Stafford interview was so outrageously stupid, and not one salient point was made. Ultimately, I am just a fan with no real connection to any fighter. I want to see the best to fight the best, and I want to see them willing and eager to do so. The "if the money is right" line is insulting and disingenuous, most of the time they would be extremely well compensated for fighting one another.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      I wouldn't be talking, Mayweather wont fight champions with punchers gloves.

"Dey no padding in them gloves, das Y they dying"

Mayweather wouldn't fight champions without a drug test

" Pacquiao completely destroyed Cotto and Mosley, while i had tough fights with both of them, and nearly hit the canvas in the 2nd round,SO Pacquiao must be on Roids, im not fighting"

Mayweather wont fight champions with out catchweights:

"Canelo 152, Marquez (cheated at the scales)"

How can you hate on GGG?, the guy just wants to get in there and win belts by KO. No Bull*****, just wants to fight. Yet you have the Divas TMT's nuts all in ya mouth? i dont get it
      Mayweather has defeated more current champions then any active boxer period..half of his fights are title fights..kill that noise son

Comment

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
        I just notice his fighters becoming more and more unabashed in their unwillingness to fight the best fighters in their division. The Broner and Stafford interview was so outrageously stupid, and not one salient point was made. Ultimately, I am just a fan with no real connection to any fighter. I want to see the best to fight the best, and I want to see them willing and eager to do so. The "if the money is right" line is insulting and disingenuous, most of the time they would be extremely well compensated for fighting one another.
        perhaps more attention should have been paid by you when this was happening before.

Again, I was just correcting the point about the rise of al haymon as a contributor to this practice. Its been happening for a long time.

Comment

If you have an opportunity to win a belt without doing much, sure, I understand it. But to be unwilling to fight the best in your division is unacceptable. Canelo had a paper title, but he has fought the best. I don't judge how good people are based on belts, but I am sick of hearing so and so is a 4x champion in 4 divisions. People enjoy when their fighters get the paper, and use it to pump them up, then denigrate fighters they don't like with similar paper belts.
          Holy contradiction Batman

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Lol. If your handed a belt, you should take it. However, the goal of any champion should be unification, which is impossible if your not willing to take on 2 of the other champions.

Comment

Lol. If your handed a belt, you should take it. However, the goal of any champion should be unification, which is impossible if your not willing to take on 2 of the other champions.
              You can't make a thread title like that, and then defend those who haven't beat world champions to get the belt, it goes against the thread title.

As for Broner, he'll probably win Danny's titles after he leaves the division, I wouldn't get too worked up on what comes out his mouth. Showtime needs these 2 dudes to make money, doubt they'll ever fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                He had to switch up after i exposed his **** agenda

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  He had to switch up after i exposed his **** agenda
                  Just a boxing fan who wants to see the best fight the best.

Comment

Just a boxing fan who wants to see the best fight the best.
                    this is a far, far cry from what you expressed in the 1st post.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      this is a far, far cry from what you expressed in the 1st post.
                      Wanting to see Broner earn a championship by fighting the top guys at 140 is different from wanting to see the best fight the best? I even posted in Larryxxx thread saying I did not like the Golovkin-Rubio fight. Broner and Stafford interviews were just posted this morning, and are the latest example of an ongoing trend. Broner said he wanted a belt, then said he did not want to fight Garcia (because he would have to fight him 5 times) or Peterson (no real reason). I do not see how anyone can disagree with this, unless they themselves have an agenda. Pac and Roach's nonsense made me sick too, especially the comments he made about having to drain Mosley more since he was a good fighter.

Bottom line: boxing needs to be cleaned up, and it is irrefutable that Haymon, amongst others, is playing a role.
                      Last edited by SintilatingDTS; 08-15-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X