Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campillo on Stevenson's shortlist of opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a step back from the Fonfara fight. But it's basically a tune up for Pascal. So ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
      it's a step back from the Fonfara fight. But it's basically a tune up for Pascal. So ok.
      I think he'll put up a decent fight... but a person can't really get too excited about it since he got blown out by Kovalev and beat down by Fonfara... albeit putting up a good fight int he process

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        lol he's not prime anymore but he is one of Kovalevs best wins..and he just fought him last year
        You could just as easily be describing Stevenson-Dawson...

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Meh. I don't hate it, but I'd rather see Adonis/Brahemer. Someone needs to take the belt off that dude.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Meh. I don't hate it, but I'd rather see Adonis/Brahemer. Someone needs to take the belt off that dude.
            I thought it was impossible when they said they got Braehmer... that means he's coming there.... and that's serious bank he doesn't even want to share with his friend

Comment

First thing first, Hopkins lied about the Thomas Williams IBF story, and also lied about the phone call he never received from Stevenson clan.
              The issue is, in July Bernard Hopkins suddently requested to be paid 5 millions (70%) for the unification against Adonis Stevenson.
              But the original deal was for (50%) 3.5 millions each contenders.
              Rejecting the idea of being paid 3.5 millions (50%), Hopkins decided to agree a reduced (70%) deal with Kovalev.
              That (70%) is 2 millions, which give Kovalev (30%) 650 000$...

The Question is WHY would you reject a 3.5 millions deal against X, and agree for a 2 millions deal against Y.
              Originally posted by Stephen Espinoza View Post
              "It did surprise me simply because he took less money to fight Kovalev. At this stage of his career, Bernard has been very clear that he wants to maximize revenues. That's the way it surprised me. But from a boxing perspective it's part of the business. he wanted to take on Kovalev and I don't fault him for that. If he wants the Kovalev fight, then at this stage of his career he has a handful of fights left, if that, and if he wants to prioritize that fight I'm not going to hold it against him," Espinoza told BoxingScene.com.
              I believe Hopkins saw more flaws in Kovalev's game than in Stevenson, which he could exploited.
              But the main reason is the business/beneficial way to compile money.
              You see, Stevenson always wanted to fight both (Hopkins & Kovalev), but he wanted to follow an order to generate more money.
              Since Stevenson got under Showtime, his new plan was to have a megafight with Hopkins for 3.5 millions pulling the Undisputed Champion title, and closing the lite Heavyweight loop with the most anticipated boxing FANBASE fight between him and Kovalev for MUCH MORE.
              But Hopkins understood Stevenson path to racks more money, and decide to pick his plan, by pursuing Kovalev before closing the circle with Stevenson.
              Which mean he got a deal with Stevenson, but swap network, fix a 2 millions deal with Kovalev, believing he'll pull out a victory; and close the lite Heavyweight loop with the most honorable way to complete the chapter of his legacy, by TRYING to defeat the man who beat the man, for more than 5 millions.
              So when Hopkins says he checkmate Stevenson, it's a designed figure of speech to show how he outguess Stevenson's plans, to stack more money than Stevenson would have done if the plan would have still been under Stevenson's control.

The logic of this story is that Stevenson will unify all the major titles, but instead of doing it in 2 gainful fights, Hopkins has tampered the cards so that Stevenson is left with only one lucrative meaningful fight.
              But Adonis Stevenson message was and still remain the same, he wants to become the Undisputed champion of this division.
              So his target will remain the same; and (no Campillo nor Jean Pascal) will hold him back to reach his goal.
              Last edited by TheThirdEye; 08-12-2014, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Campillo becoming lineal champ would be the best feel good story of the year. I really hope it happens.

Comment

Edwin Rodriguez? Eleider Alvarez? Isaac Chilemba?

Comment

Comment

How can anyone be ok with a Campillo fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X