Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Events Drops Lawsuit Versus Adonis Stevenson, et al.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Main Events Drops Lawsuit Versus Adonis Stevenson, et al.

With the official announcement of a forthcoming light heavyweight unification bout between Bernard Hopkins and Sergey Kovalev comes another declaration ***8211; all fighting amongst the division will now take place in the ring.

Kovalev***8217;s promoter, Main Events officially filed a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal to formally drop an existing federal lawsuit against current light heavyweight king Adonis Stevenson on Monday afternoon. Several others were named in the lawsuit, including Golden Boy Promotions, whom Main Events agreed to drop upon Hopkins and Kovalev agreeing to terms for a showdown in November.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-04-2014, 02:23 PM.

I wonder if this was negotiated as part of the bhop-kovalev fight?

Comment

Yeah, I heard Kathy Duva say there was no point in a lawsuit now they'd got what they wanted (Hopkins fight).

Comment

LOL @ Adonis

Comment

Main Events doesn't have the money to go in a lawsuit against Haymon and Shaefer. HBO was driving the lawsuit against GBP. Duva was just a pawn.

Comment

They don't need it. Kovalev got the fight that Stevenson wanted. LOL.

All of that for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Main Events doesn't have the money to go in a lawsuit against Haymon and Shaefer. HBO was driving the lawsuit against GBP. Duva was just a pawn.

and you know this how?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I wonder if this was negotiated as part of the bhop-kovalev fight?
                Well I know Duva said that when the fight was first made, they're dropping GBP from the lawsuit. But still were going to go on with everyone else

I guess now that its official, and Kovalev got the fight Adonis wanted and he's on the outside looking in..... it's kind of a waste of money/time/resources

Comment

at Adonis

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    Well I know Duva said that when the fight was first made, they're dropping GBP from the lawsuit. But still were going to go on with everyone else

I guess now that its official, and Kovalev got the fight Adonis wanted and he's on the outside looking in..... it's kind of a waste of money/time/resources
                    I don't see how this fight prevents Kovalev and Adonis from fighting unless Kovalev loses his belt.

While al haymon lost out on his grand plan-Stevenson can fight Pascal for a great payday and then can still fight the winner of this fight-I mean he still is the lineal champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X