Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Events Drops Lawsuit Versus Adonis Stevenson, et al.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Their was some back room deals going on for this suit to be dropped. I know Scheaffer and Haymon didnt want this lawsuit going forward. What did they give up?

Comment

Stevenson still loses in this equation, he's getting a tune up coming up while the other two champs are fighting each other. I don't think i've seen two other fighters negotiating hurting any other boxer in history this much...it really changes the public opinion of Adonis drastically. Almost every Stevenson fan I know seems to have jumped over to rock with Hopkins and is dissing Stevenson after months of dissing kovalev...

Comment

I'm still baffled as to why Adonis wouldn't fight Kovalev. Stevenson is very hard hitting and everyone knows he can KO Kovalev if he lands first it's just crazy that someone with that much ability wouldn't be confident. Even the Adonis haters would have to admit that he'd have a significant chance of winning against Kovalev. I hope Adonis learns from this he's not getting any younger and he needs to fight a guy like Kovalev for his legacy.

Comment

Got her fighter a fight he wanted and thats that. Good for Kov but to bad hes going to get shown up.

If Adonis fights Pascal then that will be a major fight in Canada and in Canada that fight is much bigger than BHop v Kov. And with just as much significance cause these are the top 4 LHW's.

I think this mini-tourney is a win-win for all involved! Im all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            I'm still baffled as to why Adonis wouldn't fight Kovalev. Stevenson is very hard hitting and everyone knows he can KO Kovalev if he lands first it's just crazy that someone with that much ability wouldn't be confident. Even the Adonis haters would have to admit that he'd have a significant chance of winning against Kovalev. I hope Adonis learns from this he's not getting any younger and he needs to fight a guy like Kovalev for his legacy.
            Adonis has no legacy. He just became known so at 36 hes in it for the money. I dont think hes afraid of Kov at all but wants to make money and make it now.

Comment

Financially I don't think Stevenson is hurt by this. He got more for the Fonfara fight than HBO was going to pay him and I bet he makes comparable money for a Pascal fight.

I think his reputation has been hurt, though.

1. Appears to have ducked Kovalev by running to a network/promoter/advisor that he knew would make the fight an impossibility.
              2. Looked shaky in the Fonfara fight including getting hurt.
              3. Stalled on the negotiations for a Hopkins fight. Whether due to the lawsuit or not really wanting it, who knows.
              4. Now doesn't get either Kovalev OR Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                That's all a hypothetical in order to stand a chance at something you have to be willing to face it in the first place. He stands no chance, none at all. Why? Because it is perfectly clear he's unwilling to fight him thus equating that there is doubt in his own mind of winning it. If the fighter's own behavior is indicating he's not willing or secure enough of a 50/50 result then who are we to say otherwise. Want an answer as to what chance Stevenson has in that fight..look at who he's fighting next instead....

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Got her fighter a fight he wanted and thats that. Good for Kov but to bad hes going to get shown up.

If Adonis fights Pascal then that will be a major fight in Canada and in Canada that fight is much bigger than BHop v Kov. And with just as much significance cause these are the top 4 LHW's.

I think this mini-tourney is a win-win for all involved! Im all for it.
                  That's just it though, a Stevenson vs Pascal fight will be big in Canada, not here. Stevenson's rep is in the trash can here. Pascal lost to Hopkins in their rematch more than 3 years ago, and fights once a year lately. I think Hopkins vs Kovalev would do better numbers. The Alien vs the Krusher overshadows Superduck vs Who the ****!

Comment

In the end, Kavalev and Main Events got what they wanted and the peado-rapist can go fight Pascal for a Canadian big event.

Comment

This fight shows that kovalev ducked hopkins to fight cleverly. Hopkins always fights his mandatory check his resume. It was a strategic duck to make the fight now more interesting.I worry for hopkins. Kovalevs power is real. Hopkins has to be at his 100% best in order to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X