Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Events Drops Lawsuit Versus Adonis Stevenson, et al.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol @ Adonis:WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Main Events doesn't have the money to go in a lawsuit against Haymon and Shaefer. HBO was driving the lawsuit against GBP. Duva was just a pawn.
      Main Events have in-house counsel, in fact one of Kathy Duva's daughters is also an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I don't see how this fight prevents Kovalev and Adonis from fighting unless Kovalev loses his belt.

While al haymon lost out on his grand plan-Stevenson can fight Pascal for a great payday and then can still fight the winner of this fight-I mean he still is the lineal champ.
        Huh? This fight doesn't prevent Kovalev-Adonis. The thing that would of probably prevented it was the lawsuit. Now that its dropped, it CAN happen.

but.....

What could prevent it is Adonis not wanting to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          and you know this how?
          What can I say I'm a conspiracy theorist. No one can argue HBO has came out if this whole fiasco more than OK.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            Huh? This fight doesn't prevent Kovalev-Adonis. The thing that would of probably prevented it was the lawsuit. Now that its dropped, it CAN happen.

but.....

What could prevent it is Adonis not wanting to fight him.
            if they ever made the fight the suit would've been dropped anyway.

Comment

I wonder if this was negotiated as part of the bhop-kovalev fight?
              I doubt it. They probably cancelled their lawsuit because it would have been more difficult to prove damages. Stevenson's camp would argue that he found lucrative work elsewhere, in spite of them breaching their non-verbal contract (assuming a breach was found), so there was no damage as a result.

Comment

if they ever made the fight the suit would've been dropped anyway.
                Do you think Adonis would fight Kovalev if he beats Hopkins?

Comment

The suit had no legs anyways.

It was more of a message sent. They got what they wanted out of it, proves actions are louder then words. RESPECT!

Comment

Comments Thread For: Main Events Drops Lawsuit Versus Adonis Stevenson, et al.

With the official announcement of a forthcoming light heavyweight unification bout between Bernard Hopkins and Sergey Kovalev comes another declaration ***8211; all fighting amongst the division will now take place in the ring.

Kovalev***8217;s promoter, Main Events officially filed a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal to formally drop an existing federal lawsuit against current light heavyweight king Adonis Stevenson on Monday afternoon. Several others were named in the lawsuit, including Golden Boy Promotions, whom Main Events agreed to drop upon Hopkins and Kovalev agreeing to terms for a showdown in November.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-04-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Haha I remember that dick Tomas Hauser writing that the big deal about the lawsuit was Haymon and the Ali Act. Well so much for that. What a dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                      X