No announcement yet.

Recent Espinoza tweet about his mismatches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Once again Espinoza looking like a damn clown. Seriously, **** that f@ggot.

GGG vs Geale was 2 good fighters fighting each other.

Kovalev vs Capo was a mismatch but we know the story behind that.

Are we gonna ignore Perez vs Jennings and Rios vs Chaves? While Showtime has Pros vs Joes.
    Good point. Forgot all about Jennings-Perez. Sick matchup. 2 undefeated HW's with a title shot on the line. (Vargas-Novikov two undefeated fighters as well in a very competitive fight was nice also)

Meanwhile Showtime is televising HW fights like this....

Wilder vs.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i'm one of those suckers.

it's scary going out of my house on saturday

This is actually the first Saturday night where there is a boxing card on SHowtime/HBO that I will not be watching, in quite a while.

I'm forced to go outside too

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        I legitimately feel bad for anyone who complains about $10 a month. You do realize showtime does have shows and movies also.

But it does make me think how a pure boxing channel would do.
        Sorry, I forgot Showtime has movies and shows too. I don't have it so I don't know what they have.

But I was mainly referring to people who suscribe just for boxing. Which is what I do for HBO

I have the premium package for HBO, $49 a month

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          algieri is definitely not a popular manny opponent.

algieri at least beat a decent fighter in ruslan provodnikov. rod salka is the 77th ranked lightweight on the planet. lightweight. #77. there's no comparing him to algieri. algieri is a joke fight for manny, given that it's on ppv, but it's much less of a mismatch.

how can you defend this fight?

"wait for the fight, don't judge it on paper" sounds like rhetoric intended to defend the fight, just so you're aware of how it sounds.
          In no way, shape or form is the danny fight being defended.

No it doesn't sound like that. Its a question posed to another poster. Only in the bowels of NSB would a ****** (not you) parse it and then try and take it to mean something it doesn't.

The GGG gaele fight was a mismatch-plain and simple. What it was on paper in no way changes what the actual fight was. Posters defend it as "2 top 5" fine-if wlad destroys a top 5 hwt its a mismatch-no different here.

The point of this thread is mismatches. I am simply discussing all mismatches-not just one set of them.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            Please. Golokin-Geale was a mismatch?

Even you don't believe that. Come on now
            I said it before the fight-as did others. Yes, gaele was ranked top 5 at MW. Floyd and wlad both fought top 5 ww's. those fights, just as this, were also labeled as mismatches before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              In no way, shape or form is the danny fight being defended.

No it doesn't sound like that. Its a question posed to another poster. Only in the bowels of NSB would a ****** (not you) parse it and then try and take it to mean something it doesn't.

The GGG gaele fight was a mismatch-plain and simple. What it was on paper in no way changes what the actual fight was. Posters defend it as "2 top 5" fine-if wlad destroys a top 5 hwt its a mismatch-no different here.

The point of this thread is mismatches. I am simply discussing all mismatches-not just one set of them.

i don't understand how a fight between two top 5 MW's, when there was no one else available (they tried to make JCC Jr fight, he denied) (inb4 Ward. He obviously wasn't in a position to fight July 25th) is a mismatch?

It's not Golovkins fault he blew him out in 3 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I said it before the fight-as did others. Yes, gaele was ranked top 5 at MW. Floyd and wlad both fought top 5 ww's. those fights, just as this, were also labeled as mismatches before the fight.
                A fight between two top 5 fighters, whether its GGG, Floyd or Wlad is not a mismatch, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                  Good point. Forgot all about Jennings-Perez. Sick matchup. 2 undefeated HW's with a title shot on the line. (Vargas-Novikov two undefeated fighters as well in a very competitive fight was nice also)

Meanwhile Showtime is televising HW fights like this....

Wilder vs.

That's what I heard too. There's no way that can be true

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    That's what I heard too. There's no way that can be true
                    No way what can be true?

Comment

That's as stupid as saying Stevenson vs Dawson was (supposed to be) a mismatch because it ended so early. Quillin had a somewhat competitive fight with Konecny but that's because Quillin's not very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X