No announcement yet.

Recent Espinoza tweet about his mismatches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    If that's what you truly believe then good for you I'm not wasting my time on that joke of a fight.
    I likely will only because I like Danny but yeah, its a sparring session that does not deserve to be shown on TV much less headline a card.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Every time Garcia/Salka is compared to Pac/Algieri, Kovalev/Caparello, Matthysse/Molina, or any other mismatch you care to name recently, they are really underestimating how deep Haymon dug for this fight. This isn't even the bottom of the barrel at 140. They brought in a second barrel and dug to the bottom of that new barrel.
      Had you heard of either Caparello or Salka before the fights were announced?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Bringing up other fights has no bearing on whether the Kovalev fight was a mismatch-which is the thread topic. I can respect your points-but you are using them to function in the exact way I mentioned in my 1st post.

Haymon and Duva did the same ****ing thing-got easy fights for their guys to stay busy and not lose before the bigger fight down the road. If mismatches is your issue, than ALL mismatches should be criticized. If Sho/Haymon mismatches are your problem, just say that.
        No all mismatches are a problem. I understand what you're saying so I'll leave it at that. I just think the Caparello situation is completely different, and not nearly as bad as Salka and I listed a bunch of reasons why it actually wasn't THAT bad

With all that said, I can agree it was a fight maybe better suited for NBC. BUT it's not like it was the headline card on am HBO night. It hardly hurt anyone, so I'm not exactly complaining about it

Comment

Yes. Caparello fought on ESPN a few months ago.

Comment

Pretty sure Australian boxing fans knew very well who Caparello was. Salka's own mother probably forgot she had a son.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
              Yes. Caparello fought on ESPN a few months ago.
              Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
              Pretty sure Australian boxing fans knew who Caparello was. Salka's own mother probably forgot she had a son.
              How come you guys can't be honest? No one knew of either guy. Geez.

Comment

How come you guys can't be honest? No one knew of either guy. Geez.
                No, seriously, I did, I saw him fight on ESPN

Now did I know who he was before he fought Elvir Muriqi a few months ago on FNF? Nope

Comment

No all mismatches are a problem. I understand what you're saying so I'll leave it at that. I just think the Caparello situation is completely different, and not nearly as bad as Salka and I listed a bunch of reasons why it actually wasn't THAT bad

With all that said, I can agree it was a fight maybe better suited for NBC. BUT it's not like it was the headline card on am HBO night. It hardly hurt anyone, so I'm not exactly complaining about it
                  We can agree to disagree. Respectfully, if you were not a Kovalev fan or Caparello was fighting Stevenson would you feel the same?

Comment

No, seriously, I did, I saw him fight on ESPN

Now did I know who he was before he fought Elvir Muriqi a few months ago on FNF? Nope
                    OK. I watch FNF religiously and I forgot. Of course, I'm always drinking so its understandable.

Comment

We can agree to disagree. Respectfully, if you were not a Kovalev fan or Caparello was fighting Stevenson would you feel the same?
                      If the roles were reversed- and Kovalev ran from Stevenson , yes.

If not, no

I think

Comment

Working...
                      X