Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is supposed to be good about Porter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    the bbb of C

your refs freaking carry your fighters to the corner when they're knocked out. british anything in boxing is a laughing stock, especially the controlling bodies.

porter, like every other fighter in the states, get a standard piss test after he fights. there's usually a piss test during the press tour as well.

i don't think either is clean. it's particularly laughable when i hear of a brook fan existing. add in that the brook fan talks about steroids, and it's just too much.
    OK - So the refs carrying fighters into corners has what to do with the Olympic style drug testing that is carried out year round for every single British license holder?

He may take a piss test after the fight. So what? How's that going to catch him juicing. Everyone of these guys know how to get it out of their system, it's about catching them at a time they don't expect it.

porter played football in high school. he was a runningback. he's very clearly built up from lifting weights in that picture. just look at all of the extra weight he's carrying around his face. you don't get that when you're boiling your body down to its natural weight class.

if porter didn't get into boxing he would have been a scholarship football player.
    Yeah I don't really see anything wrong with that either. Plenty of fighters have boiled down. I think Bradley fought at 165 as an amateur too, right?

I can think of a couple of guys who moved down in weight after turning pro.

Comment

I dont think Brook has that power people seem to be talking of, I'm in regular contact with people who know him and spar around the same gym and they all say Brooks power is overrated.

I think Porter once he feels Brooks overrated power will go in for the kill, take my word for it.

Porter has to adapt to the Paulie plan if he's not phased by Brooks punching, if he does feel it is something to be vary of then were in for a long night.

Either way I see Brook doing the "Booty Dew" and possibly even being out of it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        OK - So the refs carrying fighters into corners has what to do with the Olympic style drug testing that is carried out year round for every single British license holder?

He may take a piss test after the fight. So what? How's that going to catch him juicing. Everyone of these guys know how to get it out of their system, it's about catching them at a time they don't expect it.

Yeah I don't really see anything wrong with that either. Plenty of fighters have boiled down. I think Bradley fought at 165 as an amateur too, right?

I can think of a couple of guys who moved down in weight after turning pro.

"our refs carry fighters to the corner, but you should still take us seriously with drug testing."

would willie buckland, or whatever his name was, have carried kovalev back to his corner?

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
          I dont think Brook has that power people seem to be talking of, I'm in regular contact with people who know him and spar around the same gym and they all say Brooks power is overrated.

I think Porter once he feels Brooks overrated power will go in for the kill, take my word for it.

Porter has to adapt to the Paulie plan if he's not phased by Brooks punching, if he does feel it is something to be vary of then were in for a long night.

Either way I see Brook doing the "Booty Dew" and possibly even being out of it completely.
          Who said that?

I used to report news from the Ingle gym quite often, and all of their guys wouldn't stop talking about how Brook would drop solid sparring partners in training and how he looked so much better than he did in fights - that was off the record by the way.

Very interesting in hearing about this.

Comment

"our refs carry fighters to the corner, but you should still take us seriously with drug testing."

would willie buckland, or whatever his name was, have carried kovalev back to his corner?
            I just don't see how the two relate.

But please do explain.

Comment

It was obvious that, in the Malignaggi fight, Porter was trying to build up a style meant to give mayweather big problems. And he was pretty convincing as many people have noticed just that... It still remains to be seen how Porter would deal with a strong counter puncher...

Comment

Keeping up your anti-british campaign I see.
                Good stuff. What a trooper.

Comment

Porter's not flat footed. He has fast feet.

Porter makes a lot of mistakes but he does a lot of things well, punches hard, fast hands, good at cutting distance, good at stopping guys from spoiling etc

Now what does Brook do well?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Porter's not flat footed. He has fast feet.

Porter makes a lot of mistakes but he does a lot of things well, punches hard, fast hands, good at cutting distance, good at stopping guys from spoiling etc

Now what does Brook do well?
                    Brook does most things well.

Question is, what does he do great?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      I just don't see how the two relate.

But please do explain.
                      Where there is illegitimacy in one area, there is a heightened chance of illegitimacy in another area. If you worked (assuming you're eligible) in an organisation that does shady stuff in one area, dont be *that guy* who thinks everything else elsewhere is all fine and dandy.

If you have to be that guy, then fine, but dont be **that guy** who tries to speak for the legitimacy of said organisation.

Comment

Working...
                      X