Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More heart breaking loss for you: Ali or Gatti?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More heart breaking loss for you: Ali or Gatti?

Ali loss to Larry holmes Or Gatti loss to Mayweather

Their loss is very identical

For me is Gatti, even though Ali is my Fav of all time i grew up watching Gatti fights. he was the reason i love this sport so much.

i know he'll never gonna win but even after brutal beating for 6 rounds i still hoping Gatti will find another strenght for one last barrage like he always do.

Sadly it didn't happen.

Videos for reminder

Muhammad ali to Larry holmes
    73.33%
    Arturo Gatti to Floyd Mayweather Jr
    17.78%
    I dont care about any of them
    8.89%
    Last edited by betmen; 07-31-2014, 01:16 AM. Reason: Add videos

Gatti is an overrated D-class fighter that people loved only because he could bang.
    Seeing Ali lose was the end of an era.

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
      Gatti is an overrated D-class fighter that people loved only because he could bang.
      Seeing Ali lose was the end of an era.
      he maybe D-class, but when Buddy mc girt stopping the fight he still plead for 1 more round.

Comment

Ali's loss to Holmes. I think that was a sad day for the entire boxing world.

Gatti's loss to Mayweather isn't really "heartbreaking" compared to the much worse beating he got from Alfonso Gomez.

Comment

Comparing Ali to Gatti, now I have heard it all.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
            Comparing Ali to Gatti, now I have heard it all.
            is not comparing their greatness.
            they both are beloved fighter who always show tremendous heart every fight just wanna know your feeling when you see they dont have it any more.

Comment

Ali fight was much harder to watch, he was a shell.
              Floyd vs Gatti was just a clinic over a fighter who wasn't particularly that good to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Floyd vs Gatti was just a clinic over a fighter who wasn't particularly that good to begin with.
                Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  This sums it up perfectly, Gatti, for all his highlight reel career was nothing more than a slugger who played in front of big crowds and TV audiences, getting the exposure that a majority of sluggers just do not. He would have lost to a fighter like Mayweather at any point in his career.

Ali, on the other hand, was the greatest fighter of his generation and it was quite obvious that what we saw against Holmes was a corpse, a shadow of his former self. There was nothing more he could give because he had given it all for 20 years. That was a truly sad moment, knowing, especially for those of us who had seen Ali in or near his prime, would have put up a much better fighter and most likely won. Yet here he was, getting annihilated. That was the end of an era and possibly the end of boxing's true mainstream appeal.

Comment

ALI. watched it live, i remember feeling sad watching it even as a young boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X