Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More heart breaking loss for you: Ali or Gatti?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously Ali. He was the greatest. There was never a point in Gatti's career where he would have been competitive with Floyd.

The most heart breaking loss of Gatti's career was against Alfonso Gomez. If you didn't fully accept Gatti was done by then, that night removed any doubts. The Image of him on the canvas with a split lip, dripping blood in pain. That was sad.

Last edited by ИATAS; 07-31-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Obviously Ali. He was the greatest. There was never a point in Gatti's career where he would have been competitive with Floyd.

The most heart breaking loss of Gatti's career was against Alfonso Gomez. If you didn't fully accept Gatti was done by then, that night removed any doubts. The Image of him on the canvas with a split lip, dripping blood in pain. That was sad.

agree with this. even though i love gatti

Comment

Ali is an ATG in terms of skill and is widely considered one of the greatest of all time. Had he been in his prime when he fought Holmes he probably would have won.

Gatti was an all action fighter but let's be honest in terms of boxing skill he was a club fighter. When faced with other fighters of equal or less skill he would produce fireworks. But if he was in his prime when he fought Floyd he still would have lost in the same manner. He never would have stood a shot in hell against someone of Floyd's caliber. Had he have fought Pac, Mosley or any other A fighter of his era the results would have been the same.

Comment

Ali.............

Comment

I'm one of the minority here but I hated Ali as a fighter. I was watching his fights the other day again on ESPN Classic and goddamn he is truly overrated. He had a cowardly style as well.

Tyson would have disposed of that clown in 4 rounds, EASILY.

So watching Ali get beat was/is satisfying to see.

Gatti was a warrior with a huge heart, it was heartbreaking to see him leave it all out there, give everything he had, and come up short. You connected with fighters like Gatti, you connected to his fighting spirit. He was a true man in every sense of the word. So easily, Gatti losing is way more heart breaking to see than that runner Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              I'm one of the minority here but I hated Ali as a fighter. I was watching his fights the other day again on ESPN Classic and goddamn he is truly overrated. He had a cowardly style as well.

Tyson would have disposed of that clown in 4 rounds, EASILY.

So watching Ali get beat was/is satisfying to see.

Gatti was a warrior with a huge heart, it was heartbreaking to see him leave it all out there, give everything he had, and come up short. You connected with fighters like Gatti, you connected to his fighting spirit. He was a true man in every sense of the word. So easily, Gatti losing is way more heart breaking to see than that runner Ali.
              Prime Ali handles Tyson... Ali gave his life to the sport of boxing, his health deteriorates on the daily because of what he gave of himself to the boxing public. He was no coward. He was tactical, but if the **** hit the fan, he was a warrior without peer.

Not once during the Gatti Floyd fight can you say "prime Gatti handles Floyd." But during the Holmes fight that's all you end up thinking. Also it's so bad that you consider Holmes almost dishonorable for poaching a failing legend. It was a disgrace. In the hype leading up to the fight you can see in the interviews Ali's Parkinson's was beginning to set in. Too much punishment over the years. That fight never should have happened. It was wrong on so many levels.

Comment

Im going with the minority on this one. Gatti made me a huge boxing fan. It was truly truly sad to see him get beat like that. As for Ali, I was not yet born when he was fighting so I cant compare him to Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
                  Ali's loss to Holmes. I think that was a sad day for the entire boxing world.

Gatti's loss to Mayweather isn't really "heartbreaking" compared to the much worse beating he got from Alfonso Gomez.

Now THAT was sad ****. The Mayweather loss and how it happened was expected by boxing insiders. Even Gatti's own camp didn't want him taking that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                    Ali loss to Larry holmes Or Gatti loss to Mayweather

Their loss is very identical

For me is Gatti, even though Ali is my Fav of all time i grew up watching Gatti fights. he was the reason i love this sport so much.

i know he'll never gonna win but even after brutal beating for 6 rounds i still hoping Gatti will find another strenght for one last barrage like he always do.

Sadly it didn't happen.

Videos for reminder

Both were way past their prime I watch a documentary on Gatti about his death it stated that by the time he fought Oscar and Floyd Gatti was already seeing double

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Both were way past their prime I watch a documentary on Gatti about his death it stated that by the time he fought Oscar and Floyd Gatti was already seeing double
                      Hell, did you see Ali trying to hit the speed bag leading up to the Holmes fight? It was bad. So many signs leading up to that fight, it still amazes me it came off.

Comment

Working...
                      X