Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Golovkin Consider Fighting David Lemieux Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Lemeuix is going to get blasted while he comes in winging and this will end within three.

Why not grab the belt he should've won with Geale?

Soliman brings more to the table for sure but from a boxing fan standpoint I'd much rather watch Lemieux in there than Soliman just because he has power and would go out on his shield at least.

GGG vs Soliman would be like watching a lion go after a deer

Comment

I love Lemieux's style, but he is so raw. If I was handling him, I would take the easier road for sure.

Comment

Lemeuix is going to get blasted while he comes in winging and this will end within three.

Why not grab the belt instead of prolonging it?
        I agree but Lemeuix is at least as deserving as Curtis Stevens. I think he's a better fighter than Stevens. Golovkin would win but it would be a fun fight to watch while it lasted.

Comment

Why not grab the belt instead of prolonging it?
          Don't even bother... dude doesn't care who GGG beats in the MW division... went on his little queer rant about it.... now he cares?

The guy who got beat be an ancient Alcine... then he has the balls to think Lemeuix would be a good fight while blasting a way better Macklin?

Lemeuix gets killed.... and he's just going to rip the fight afterwards

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          It is such a weak division I can't give him great credit for anything. If he cleared it out then props and its not his fault. Its a bit like Wladimir in a way only he had Haye a few others.
          Dude clearly doesn't care what GGG does, he's going to rip him regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            There is not a hope in hell that Michel will let Lemieux anywhere near GGG.

They are positioning Lemieux for a shot at Kid Chocolate. The writing is on the wall.

I don't blame him, good move.
            I feel he definitely has a chance against Kid Chocolate who looked horrible when Rosado pressured him.

Comment

GGG is the best at MW but the division is horrendous. I'm sorry I just can't give credit to a guy I KNOW will win by knockout in 2-3 lop sided rounds.
              Just like I give Wlad zero credit when he fights guys like Leapai, Wach & that other big snorlax.

The only fighter at MW I will give GGG credit for again is Sergio Mora & that is because I believe that Mora's style is all kinds of wrong for him. I do not think that is an easy fight because of styles. If GGG handled him impressively, I would give him credit for sure.

These others guys? No, they're complete cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Soliman brings more to the table for sure but from a boxing fan standpoint I'd much rather watch Lemieux in there than Soliman just because he has power and would go out on his shield at least.

GGG vs Soliman would be like watching a lion go after a deer
                Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                I agree but Lemeuix is at least as deserving as Curtis Stevens. I think he's a better fighter than Stevens. Golovkin would win but it would be a fun fight to watch while it lasted.
                Both will be a gore fest and both would end in KO, both early.

Not saying Solimon is going to be any better, but at least he's unifying.

Lemuix is only fun for about an extra minute because he'll wing a couple of shots before being crushed

Comment

Dan says the only way he'll give credit to Golovkin is if he clears the division... then would rather have in a fight Golovkin will blast out instead of clearing out the division

Comment

Would most likely be a waste of time. People want GGG to fight lower tier fighters that are perceived as dangerous because of their power, and then they complain about GGG's level of opposition. Make up your mind.

After the Soliman fight, if GGG can't secure a Cotto/Quillin/Canelo fight (as I expect), then he can still fight Murray.

Comment

I would rather see Lemieux fight Quillin. It has the potential to be more of a 50/50 than either of those guys against GGG. The winner could face GGG. I'd go with Lemieux to stop Quillin early. But they are talking Andy Lee vs Quillin and I'm not seeing Lee beat any of these guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X